Antelope hunt in NM

JDY

Been to Wy. 2 times for Antelope one guided and a one DIY. Would like to try NM for a larger one. Any one have ideals on where I need to start looking for a DIY hunt? This hunt would be in 2010.
THANKS
JDY

Just about anywhere fron the Oklahoma state line to Springer. I see them by the hundreds there and also in Cimarron County Oklahoma. When you get your buck in NM, drive across to Oklahoma and take a couple more just for good measure. We have far to many here.

I do hunts in Unit 36 - vicinity of Claunch, NM. A 16"+ is not an unreasonable expectation in that area. Private land, no drawings. Let me know if you're interested.

I would have to agree with Poncho with the addition of the Springer, Wagon Mount and Raton areas. Some really nice goats come out of all these areas.

Been to Wy. 2 times for Antelope one guided and a one DIY. Would like to try NM for a larger one. Any one have ideals on where I need to start looking for a DIY hunt? This hunt would be in 2010.
THANKS
JDY
clayton area I saw over 400 in the first 3 hours

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.