Antelope hunt for 2009

Bud Martin

long range Antelope hunt pics for 2009

This first picture is Lacy and his 861 yard buck. it was taken with his 338-416 and a 300 grn smk. he made a great heart shot as the antelope was lying down watching us. this second picture is of Scott with his 445 yard antelope. not really a long range shot but in a 20mph cross wind he made a perfect double lung shot while this antelope was walking broadside with his 7x300 weatherby and a 175 grn nosler partion on this antelope. the third picture is of me with my antelope I took after all the clients left. it was 702 yards walking broadside and a perfect double lung shot. taken with my custom model 70 264 win. mag. and a 140 grn smk.
09speedgoat015.jpg
09speedgoat019.jpg
09speedgoat004.jpg

Last edited:
Bud, nice pix.

You sure do cater to the long range crowd. And I like it that you shoot long yourself, proving that you know how to help coach your clients.

Didn't you kill one over 800 yards a while back, too?

Len, thanks for the pat on the back. I did get a nice buck last year at 925 with the same rifle and the gent in the second picture ( Scott ) shot a real nice whitetail buck at 947 last year. maybe I can get them pictures posted after season and things slow down a bit.

Bud, real nice bucks, congrats to you and to your clients.
Might go there sometime. PM the information you have for clients please.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.