Antelope at the table?

As has been mentioned, how they are cared for makes a huge difference. We snap lot's of pictures then typically we skin and quarter where they lay. Straight into the coolers on ice. Tenderized steaks are outstanding fried, roasts and larger chunks we usually can for stroganoff or barbecue and the ground is a great lean substitute for beef.

I dropped a couple off at the processors this fall for some friends and I saw one skinned goat in the back of a truck that looked horribly wind and sun damaged and most of them still had hides on. Figure that is where some of the bad reputation comes from. I asked the guy there if they typically came in like that and he rolled his eyes and said "you have no idea". I actually have a pretty good idea.

On another note, we don't chase them around before we shoot them and I think animals that are calm when shot have a lot better flavor as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.