Anschutz 1517

Crane

I was looking for an action to build myself a .17 HMR on but just purchased the Annie 1517. It has a 25.5 heavy stainless barrel. I was reading on the Bullberry site they discovered the 19 inch barrel had the highest velocity. They determined this by cutting the barrel an inch at a time all the way down to 10 inches. I was thinking of shortening my barrel to make it more handy. Anyone have any thoughts or experiance with the Hummer and optimum length or dealing with the model 1517?

Guess I need to take this question over to a rimfire board. I know JE Custom has some experiance with this but we've already chatted.

Guess I need to take this question over to a rimfire board. I know JE Custom has some experiance with this but we've already chatted.

Hi.

I have been hunting and just saw the post and wanted to share barrel length with you .

I have not tested longer barrels but the 23" Liljas I have used gave me 50 ft/sec more velocity
than the factory ammo advertises (2500 ft/sec with the 17 grain bullet ) And in a factory barrel
2500 is not possible in 22" and 23"barrels.

If you do build a Short barreled 17 HMR I would be interested in the results.

J E CUSTOM

I don't know if you've seen this J.E. but check this out.

www.bullberry.com/HMRdata.html

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.