Another Wyoming Antelope

ub270

Here's the buck I took in Wyoming last week. I had spotted him two days prior to the opener. He was number three on our list. My son and grandson had itchy trigger fingers and tagged out the first hour of the opener. After passing dozens of bucks and not locating any of our targets the first day, I had high hopes for day two. At first light we were on a high point glassing trying to locate bucks one and two. After a couple of good hikes into some hidden pockets we decided to head to camp for some lunch. As we passed the area where number three was we comented that someone had probably tagged him as there was a camp real close to where we'd found him. Stopping to glass my son said he'd spotted four does and a buck a half mile out. After 15 minutes watching them I decided to try a stalk. My son and I closed the distance to 275 yrds. Well, I gave them a warning shot and they were gone with the wind. Back to the truck we drove down the road a mile and spotted four does which we thought could be the ones with the buck. Off again we used the terrain to close the distance. Peeking over the top there they were. One shot at 60 yards and I had my first Wyoming pronghorn. Spent the rest of our trip fishing , collecting rocks and chasing lizards with my grandson.
IMG_7654.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts