Another which scope thread....2k budget

KyleC

Sorry for another which scope thread but am going down the rabbit hole and need to make a decision. Going on a 6.5 PRC. Rifle is light so a 2# scope isn't a deal breaker. I mainly hunt deer and antelope when I can draw a tag. Elk very rarely with rifle (I bow hunt mainly) but do have a 28 Nosler if I draw a OIL tag. Rifle MUST be repeatable and return to zero. No Leupolds. Swarovski would be on the list but not a fan of their dial system and plastic turret parts. I like the Nightforce MOAR reticle or plain duplex. No Christmas tree reticles. Illumination isn't required. I just don't want a reticle that's to "busy". I had a Trijicon Credo HX but found the center dot to fine. I often find I shoot more accurately on 10x than at higher power. I am going to cross post this. Thanks in advance for any input.

My parameters are:
-Would like low end to be in the 2x-4x range
-High end 15x-Plus (but don't need extreme)
-2nd focal plane
-MOA
-exposed elevation turret

I would say either the Nightforce NX8 or the NXS - can't go wrong with either. I have looked through both the NX8 and the NXS and I personally can't tell a difference in clarity, maybe a slight edge to the NX8. The NX8 is definitely lighter weight tho. I think the weight/price/quality/reliability combo on the NX8 is hard to beat - hence why I own multiple and will continue to buy them.

Sorry for another which scope thread but am going down the rabbit hole and need to make a decision. Going on a 6.5 PRC. Rifle is light so a 2# scope isn't a deal breaker. I mainly hunt deer and antelope when I can draw a tag. Elk very rarely with rifle (I bow hunt mainly) but do have a 28 Nosler if I draw a OIL tag. Rifle MUST be repeatable and return to zero. No Leupolds. Swarovski would be on the list but not a fan of their dial system and plastic turret parts. I like the Nightforce MOAR reticle or plain duplex. No Christmas tree reticles. Illumination isn't required. I just don't want a reticle that's to "busy". I had a Trijicon Credo HX but found the center dot to fine. I often find I shoot more accurately on 10x than at higher power. I am going to cross post this. Thanks in advance for any input.

My parameters are:
-Would like low end to be in the 2x-4x range
-High end 15x-Plus (but don't need extreme)
-2nd focal plane
-MOA
-exposed elevation turret
I did an extensive test/eval on the FFP MRAD version of this scope. Solid scope that will take a licking and keep on ticking with VERY good glass.

John

Element Helix HDLR 2-16x50 SFP - APR-1C MOA
The HDLR takes things one step further, with ED Glass, Reticle Illumination, a massive Zoom Range and more Elevation Travel. We've kept the ever popular Tool-Free system and Zero-Stop on the Elevation turret for ease of use when dealing for extended ranges, but have capped the windage for a more hunter-friendly, compact feel. Stringent quality control procedures give you peace of mind when taking that 1000 yard shot.

• 30mm Main Body Tube
  • 8x Zoom Optical System
  • Compact, Lightweight design
  • Second Focal Plane Reticle
  • Aircraft Grade Aluminum
  • Side Parallax: 10m-Infinity
  • Fully Multi-Coated Lenses with HD Glass
  • Tool-Free Exposed Elevation Turret, Capped Windage Turret
  • Zero Stop
  • Removable Magnification Throw Lever
  • Waterproof, Fogproof, Shockproof & Nitrogen Purged
  • Sunshade, Lens Cloth & Lens Caps Included

If you hasn't said SFP I would have recommended the Burris XTR3i 3.3-18 with the SCR MOA reticle. Checks every one of your boxes except... it's FFP. I'd have to vote NX8 then.

t