Another which cartridges thread

jbo829

Hello fellow members I have a small question that I know a lot of people will start with some hate but I recently had back surgery still in the recovery stages talked to my doctor/surgen about shooting guns again while this man enjoys the same sport he told me to stick with lighter recoiling guns I have a few guns none with a brake he said recoil might be alittle to much the guns are as following
.280 rem
338 win mag
300 wsm
325 wsm

so now I finally get to my question I'm wanting to buy or build a rifle that is lightweight but not heavy on recoil been really thinking hard about a 6.5x47 or creedmore or a 6.5 sst or 6.5 ss but with all this crazy COVID crap brass powder and everything is crazy to find which would be a better option keeping all this in mind I will just be plinking and hunting white tails

TIA

Hello fellow members I have a small question that I know a lot of people will start with some hate but I recently had back surgery still in the recovery stages talked to my doctor/surgen about shooting guns again while this man enjoys the same sport he told me to stick with lighter recoiling guns I have a few guns none with a brake he said recoil might be alittle to much the guns are as following
.280 rem
338 win mag
300 wsm
325 wsm

so now I finally get to my question I'm wanting to buy or build a rifle that is lightweight but not heavy on recoil been really thinking hard about a 6.5x47 or creedmore or a 6.5 sst or 6.5 ss but with all this crazy COVID crap brass powder and everything is crazy to find which would be a better option keeping all this in mind I will just be plinking and hunting white tails

TIA
Everything in stock for the Shermans. ifcthat helps

JB, I've had two back surgeries with fusion hardware from my first surgery. So I understand your scenario. You really need to be careful as your back/body is different after your surgery. I have an unbraked Remington 700 5R Gen 2 6.5 Creedmoor that has a 24" barrel, and it has a mild recoil plus excellent accuracy (consistent 0.40 MOA). There are several options for factory ammo, and that is an additional plus for me. Best wishes on your recovery and future hunting & shooting.

Thank you fellow mental recovery will be the hardest at 26 years young having the surgery and not being able to do much like I use really hits hard but I'm glad I went with the surgery

Its obvious you want a 6.5 something, so I'd go woth the 6.5 CM. Lower recoil than the short magnums and with a brake even better, last thing you want is to mess up your back or worse.

As sexy at the 6.5 SS is I'd play it safe just in case and go lighter. Plus the CM has far more brass and options available.

Stay safe

My 6.5x47 is very mild on recoil, is built on a Rem 700 VSSF II with barrels in 22-250, 22-250AI and the 6.5x47.
Can see hits in the scope with my rest set up, but usually the muzzle rise is a little too high from other positions.
I had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder and full replacement on the left. Recovery for both was a bit over 2 years and I took to shooting the 22-250 as soon as my sling/harness came off and my rehab dude said I could shoot again, probably just under 6 months, no set-backs with rehab from shooting so I was happy.
My left shoulder has not taken the replacement well and it will never be 100%, so do what you can to enjoy this wonderful sport.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.