another what scope

foreign

hi all. from nz and wanting to get a scope to bust bunnies at over 400m aiming to go further once im up to it. want a scope that has enough power, was thinking at least x15. has to have 1/4 or 1/8 moa repeatable accurate adjustments. and enough adjustment to take a .223 shooting 69gr pills to say 800m. i can get some different bases when i get to shooting that far.
so bring on the suggestions ( ofcourse i want to pay the least possible, second hands ok to)
and need to be able to import to nz.
cheers
ps been looking at the falcon mence.seems like the price i want to pay and the power

foreign,
I recently bought a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40 with side focus and I really am impressed with and like this scope. It has the target dot, which for some reason appeals to me. I have it mounted on a Savage 112BVSS in .300WinMag and it seems to take the recoil just fine. Hasn't missed a bit yet and I have spun it up and down to at least 650 yrds once. It tracks great and hasn't lost zero once. Midway (MidwayUSA — Shooting Supplies, Reloading, Gunsmithing, Hunting, Ammunition, Gun Parts & Rifle Scopes) has the same scope (but with Mil-Dot reticle) on sale for 299.99. Great scope. JohnnyK.

thats a ggod price and exactally what id like. the problem is that i cant buy anything from midwayusa since they dont do any sales to visas from overseas.shame....

Can you have a "friend" ship you a scope?
I don't know the rules.
Check out the Leapers Accushot scopes. I have a couple and they work really well for shooting ground squirrels.
Send me a pm about the rules and I will help you out.

Can you have a "friend" ship you a scope?
I don't know the rules.
Check out the Leapers Accushot scopes. I have a couple and they work really well for shooting ground squirrels.
Send me a pm about the rules and I will help you out.
hey mate. theres no problem bringing them into nz. its just that lots of places dont take nz visa cards. so me getting someone to buy it and send it is no issue.
those leaper scopes are certainly cheep. but how is the glass and do they dial up and down and right and left reliably and repeatably.

My brother has one on his 300 win mag and we shoot long fairly often and he hasn't had any problems with the scope - operator error mostly -.
Seems to dial back in pretty well.
The glass is pretty good. He had a Weaver 4-14 and the Accushot seems to be at least as good as the Weaver. Everyone that has looked through mine at the range thinks it is a really expensive scope. They are the best value for the money that I have seen.
I have some friends that have purchased other off brand scopes and they always have some kind of issue.
Leapers makes several different models but the accushot is the top of their line.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.