Another what gun?

Rilow

Goin to Newfoundland on moose/caribou hunt. First i don't figure on shots being over 3-350yds. What's your thoughts on which gun to take ? My choices are 7mm-08 shooting 136grn sledge hammer or 30-06 shooting 180 Barnes TTSX. I am starting on load for 06 with 166 grn sledge hammer. Both guns shoot under 1in at 100yds, 7mm-08 is little lighter n less recoil (ruger american) n has cheap scope but it will shoot. 06 is nicer gun with better scope.ok I'm rambling,curious to you guys thinking.

Perhaps I'm partial since I shoot an '06 too, but that's what I would take for sure. No question in my personal opinion.

Both will work just fine. I'd take the '06 because it has better glass. Caribou aren't tough to kill.
The "bou" Ive been around are tough...shoot the 06 but don't quit shooting till they're down!
bou.jpg

Awesome, if you're shooting monos, you could try dropping some weight from it. Try the in the 150-170 range. That will help with the recoil, as well as you just don't need the extra weight because they retain almost all of it.

Awesome, if you're shooting monos, you could try dropping some weight from it. Try the in the 150-170 range. That will help with the recoil, as well as you just don't need the extra weight because they retain almost all of it.
Yeah I'm starting to work a load up with 166 gen sledge hammer. If that works out I may use that instead of 180 barnes

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.