Another Weather Front-What is a derecho?

Tommytrees

You know, I was just thinking about the weather and realized I hadn't heard anything about Ole' Muddyboots lately . You definitely have a black cloud over your head. LOL ! Which threat level were you under .

You must have done something that has ****ed off Mother Nature.

Muddyboots

LRH Team Member
Was going to go salmon fishing on Lake Michigan tomorrow with buddy but decided to postpone....offered to put seatbelts in boat but prob not effective.

Forecast:
THURSDAY Northwest winds 15 to 25 kt becoming north to 30 kt. Waves 3 to 5 ft building to 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft.

Bob Wright

Was going to go salmon fishing on Lake Michigan tomorrow with buddy but decided to postpone....offered to put seatbelts in boat but prob not effective.

Forecast:
THURSDAY Northwest winds 15 to 25 kt becoming north to 30 kt. Waves 3 to 5 ft building to 4 to 7 ft occasionally to 9 ft.
Edmund Fitzgerald nightmares! My dad trained somewhere in those lakes for the Navy (destroyer class). I'd feel a "bit" safer on that....

ButterBean

LRH Team Member
So what the heck is a derecho storm? Winds up to 100mph? Worse year in long time on how many times we have been in basement.
View attachment 287660
What is a derecho storm 2020?

2020 supplied us with at least three large derecho events. What is a derecho? Per the Storm Prediction Center, “A derecho is a widespread, long-lived wind storm. Derechos are associated with bands of rapidly moving showers or thunderstorms variously known as bow echoes, squall lines, or quasi-linear convective systems.Jan 8, 2021

Muddyboots

LRH Team Member
So now we are in level 4. DANG, no sleep tonight with weather radio probably going off constantly.