Another thread of a beginner asking for opinions.

First off, I've been following this thread & I'm sorry you didn't get the mil-spec 5R. I think for the price range they are the finest out of the box rifles made with a Jewell or Calvin Elite trigger installed.

Now on to scopes. I've had 3 Vortex scopes in the $700-$1100 range. All 3 had to be returned within 1 year for one thing or another. IMO, they are junk. I took a huge loss selling them.

Between my buddy's & I, we have 12 Sightron SIII scopes, all with the LR MOA-H reticle. All are either 6x24x50 or most are 8x32x56. They are one fine scope made in Japan. I have a Nightforce & 2 Zeiss scopes. The glass in the Sightron's are every bit as clear & has the forever warranty. With the LR MOA-H reticle, you can shoot out to 700 yards with most calibers without touching a turret dial.

From Scott at Liberty optics, you can get the SIII 6x24x50 LR MOA-H shipped for $799 or the SIII 8X32X56 LR MOA-H for $849, both delivered for that price. The best value in a high quality scope there is.

Jim D

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.