Another Stiller Predator

Rustystud

This is a Left handed Stiller Predator with a 26" Kreiger barrel, Jewell Trigger, Wyatt mag box and PT&G Stainless bottom metal.

LefthandedPredator001.jpg

Last edited:
lefty is always good! looks very slick! how do you like the krieger? it will probably be the tube i use to rebarrel my 243 to 6br! looks like a great setup!

Rusty,

Which Predator model, Wyatt's box and bottom metal are those? I'd like to use the same components but on the Predator Xtreme that I ordered.

This is a Predator with a standard bolt face (.470) chambered in 308 winchested. The PT&G bottom metal is stainless and has been glass beaded. The recoil lug also has been glass beaded. The Krieger barrel is a 4 grove, 1:12 twist. It is 1.250 at the shoulder lug juncture X4 and .920 at the muzzle. The mag box is the standard extended model. The trigger is a left handed Jewell set on 1 pound. I only shot 3 shots in it before cleaning it and shipping it to the stock maker. The crown was counter bored .705 X .080, then counter bored again .437 X .20 with a 79 degree counter bore leaving a protected 11 degree counter bore. The barrel is finished at 26 inches and has been glass beaded and engraved with a pantagraph.

Nat Lambeth

That BM looks nice, I didnt know PT&G doing bottom metal. Thanks for passing that along.

Someone was telling me that Stiller was using a new coating that made the predators feel a bit slicker. In fact the guy that was telling me this made Jerry send him the action that he had on his table at shot show. I have not visited my buddy to fondle the new predator since it arrived yesterday, but am interested in this new coating. I own 3 or 4 of the predators and my only concern (not really a concern but a dislike) with them is that the actions never felt all that smooth to me. I still felt they were a good value, but my interest is a little higher now.

I have a Stiller in a 7WSM that was built by Chris Mathews of LongShot Rifle and love it. It is a very good action! We have benchrest shooters on our range most of the time and more than one has come over to my bench to see what I was shooting!

eddybo , that action is very slick , I was realy impressed with it , I oppend and closed it several times very slowly and it does feel like a very well made unit. I personaly don't care for the huge "scallop" that is on the opposite port side of the action but I guess it does save a few ounces and give a nice flat spot to engrave.

The "old man" was talking about building a 7-08 of somthing on it? you could probably talk im out of it though.

I'm gonna try to run up their again pretty soon with my stethoscope and try to pin point some noise in his lathe , it sounds like the front bearing on the motor is giving it up.

Rustystud , sorry for the highjack , thats a sweet sounding setup , is it for some sort of tactical style build?? I see that this action does have a coated bolt I think Stiller was having them hard chromed , the one I felt with this coating was pretty nice but the new black coating does feel better. but its black so some might not like it

How does that rig shoot? and what stock is it going in?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts