Another Spotting Scope Thread

tdd3748

Been a member for awhile but this I my first post and ask for help.
I just went and posted and introduction and a bit about me.

I am wanting to buy a better quality spotting scope than the one I currently own.
I am well aware of Kowa and it is on my radar.

I have 5 that I would like feedback on 4 of which I see frequently at high power matches and a 5th that I have never seen at a match (which does not lead me to feel it is junk at lest not yet).
First on the list is Konuspot models 80 and 100 (these are least expensive of the 5) seem to be popular with shooters.
Second is the Celestron Regal M2 80ED and 100ED seem to be popular with shooter and bird watchers.
Last on the list is Vanguard Endeavor HD 82 seem to be used by bird watchers but I can find little about this spotter from shooters.

I will occasionally be using this to shoot high poser and F class matches, but it will mostly be used for long range shooting and hunting both in mountainous terrain and relatively flat almost desert like eastern WA.

All input is greatly appreciated - Thanks Tom

good luck with this mate .

i have just done this and all i can say is this is a nightmare compared to buying anything else to do with LR hunting on a budget .

i ended up buying the Vanguard Endeavor HD 82 but have nothing to compare it to and don't know anyone that has a spotter.

but one thing i will say is if you are thinking of looking for holes on paper be prepared to spend BIG dollars this i found out when i was doing my research .

another thing i will say is with my scope i can see a 224 cal hole at 385y
and bullet splash at 850 on my gongs.

850y is all i have up ATM but am fixing this soon will have one at 1000 and 1425.

hope this is of some help cheers D

Attachments

• IMG_1846 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1846 (Medium).JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1873 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1873 (Medium).JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 70
thanks for the reply. Please share your thoughts on your vanguard and why you selected that spotter.
I am a little surprised more folks have not chimed in but is what it is and since I am new that likely plays into this as well.

Thanks Tom

The Zen-Ray got good marks on I believe it was Field and Streams spotting scope review, I think it got best bang for the buck.. Cameraland NY has them on sale.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.