• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Another scammer?

He's still at it....
Screenshot_20210218-203734_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210219-094508.jpg
    Screenshot_20210219-094508.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot_20210219-094531.jpg
    Screenshot_20210219-094531.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 177
The scammers are all over the net and the phones. If it sounds like a duck, quakes like a duck and walks like a duck, it's probably a duck! Be carefull! I get 5 to 8 calls a week from scammers and 5 to 8 e-mails a day from them. Just delete them or hang up before you give them any information!

There are allot of scams out there.

I placed an ad for some Victorian style furniture, within 10 minutes an offer came in.

Guy claimed his wife loved and would like to purchase them. Claimed they were out of town and would like to send a check with some extra to give to the moving company when they came to pick them up. Sounded reasonable.

Told when I receive the check to cash it and take out the $500 for the furniture and extra $50 for my trouble. Then give the balance to the moving company.

At that point I became suspicious, so I gave him the address to my son's business.

Two days later the check came in Priority Mail for $2550, huh?

This guy expected me to hand $2000 cash to a driver, I don't think so!

Sent him an email asking ***? He got defensive with me stating that I agreed to it. BS

So I wrote SCAM accoss the check, scanned it and emailed to him.

Out of curiosity, I took to my bank to check it out. There was no such bank. They told me this was a big scam going on Craigslist. People would deposit these checks, wait a few days thinking the check cleared. The buyer sends someone to pick up the item and the extra cash. Then the check bounces! You left holding the bag for the entire amount and you lost the item.

Beware of Craigslist.

What is the old saying "If the deal is to good to be real, it probably isn't!"

Ya. Suzy is a workaholic. Evidently she works for Naviant, home loan refinance department, and my trucks extended warranty department. I guess she says she can decrease my student loans, decrease my interest on my house and my trucks warranty is expiring. 🤔
I paid of my student loans in 2019, house interest can't get any lower, and I bought the unlimited time and miles full warranty on my truck.

Thinking Suzy might not be Suzy

Facebook Marketplace is getting about as bad as Craigslist for scams. We are in St Louis for the winter and the local TV station had two stories this week about people getting robbed when meeting someone in a grocery store parking lot. One person has a life threatening gunshot wound. We are getting rid of several things we have collected over the years and don't use. I ask them to meet inside the local police station to pickup the item. Funny how several are never heard from again. Lots of scammers out there these days.

10 years ago I posted my 2003 Corvette Z-06 on AutoTrader.com. Was contacted by a guy who said was from back east who would pay full price plus shipping using his contracted auto shipper. The buyer wanted me to up front the $1000 for the shipping which I was supposed to pay the shipper on pickup of the car and the pick up person would give me a cashier check for the amount plus shipping and an extra $500 for my trouble. WRONG!!
So I played with him a little bit and told him to overnight me the check. I would take it to the bank and when the bank verified the check had cleared, then I would allow the shipper to pick up the vehicle and I would give him the $1000 cash for the shipping. Never heard from the a**hole again. Contacted AutoTrader and had his account deleted. Problem is, these scammers just get a new username and password and continue trying to scam people.
Len, thanks for monitoring this site for scammers like this.

On the phone scammers I usually just hang up or don't even answer the phone on numbers I don't recognize. The other day i got several calls from the same number and so I finally answered. I asked the guy what number he was really calling from Obviously was using a spoof number) and I would call him back to discuss any business transactions. He hung up. The next time they called, when the person came on line I said "Okay, start the trace". They promptly hung up.