• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Another scammer?

Nubba0681

AEB5A7DE-AD64-4A2C-A133-D83CC9912C11.png

Not the first person that has been skeptical of him here. He is a new member with no established history here. Admin should look into this.

I had the same thing happen to me on rockslide, and I told them I would rather have a phone number than email. So this guy gives me his phone number and I tried to call and every time the phone would pick up it would sound like some one trying to talk in a bad service area, so he said he could only text. He sent picks of the binos I was looking to buy, after getting the pics I looked online and found the same pics from 7 years prior, that were already sold for $500 more than what he was asking.
I confronted him about it and he never replied again.
If paying for a item with PayPal always use PayPal service so you are covered if it is a scammer. Also gotta be careful with who you give your info too.

I had the same thing happen to me on rockslide, and I told them I would rather have a phone number than email. So this guy gives me his phone number and I tried to call and every time the phone would pick up it would sound like some one trying to talk in a bad service area, so he said he could only text. He sent picks of the binos I was looking to buy, after getting the pics I looked online and found the same pics from 7 years prior, that were already sold for $500 more than what he was asking.
I confronted him about it and he never replied again.
If paying for a item with PayPal always use PayPal service so you are covered if it is a scammer. Also gotta be careful with who you give your info too.
That's true.
Some of us like to use friends and family beings we've gained trust amongst a good group of us.
I try to be as open and up front as I can on almost anything and will go to the furthest extent to prove my item is legit. If you want 100 pics or videos that's what you'll get.. I always offer a "money back guarantee" if you don't like what you get. I try to be as fair as I can with anything I'd trade or sell on here.

I had a person from supposed California text me "trying" to buy a dump truck I had on Craigslist 8 year ago or so. The person Said was a construction company owner. I tried to call several times no answer finally text me back stating he was deaf and could not talk but only text. I'm thinking deaf construction company owner? Seems pretty far fetched but had never experienced anything like this before. I asked him a few questions about dump trucks and he obviously had no clue what a tri-axle dump truck even was so I just played along with it. He finally got to the business end and wanted me to send his low boy company 1k$ through PayPal and he would reimburse me the 1k with the truck check. He sent me the address to the ''company" in Tennessee. I Google the address and that address had SEVERAL HUNDRED lawsuits being brought up for fraudulent stuff exactly like they tried to do to me. I thank the Lord I didn't have paypal at the time cause I really needed to sell the truck that bad and have never been "took" especially this bad! Please do as much "fact checking" as you can even on this awesome website!

I had a answer for a add I placed on Craig's List. They only would text me. I kept baiting the guy or gal. Finally I told him I would only except Hawaiian money. He said he will get it for me. Never heard from him again.