Another Russo Stock

Willys46

Thought I would share my latest project.
Specs.
Rem 700 pss barreled action
Bolt fluted and hunter knob installed by Karl Kampfield
Joel Russo A5L Black and Brown with adjustable check piece
Glen Seekins Bottom Metal
Waiting tell hunting season is over to put my Nightforce 5.5X22X50 back on.
Ammo Wallet is made by my shooting buddy, Makes them for RUM cases and 408.

DSC_0420.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

DSC_0428.jpg

Willys46

Thanks Joel for the help

Well add another Russo stock to the list that is awesome looking.

I have not seen one yet that hasn't been amazing
Gongrats on a nice rifle...hope it shoots as good as it looks!

I have liked all of them, but this one tops them easily.
Really cooooooooooooolllllllll!!!
A piece of art.

Sorry to bring this up, but what finishing products did you use on the stock?
That has some great color to her.

The stock looks good. I was inclined to go with the black/brown too, ended up with the black/rust/green combo instead. Both are sweet.

Cyclepath, I don't know what wileys used, but I can tell you I used the True oil system, all the products, the sealer, the oil, the sheen&conditioner, and the wax. It was simple to do, just took some time and elbow grease. You can see how mine turned out here:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/7wsm-gets-makeover-53834/

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice words on the stock. I really enjoy the finishing process. For the finish I have been using a sandable sealer to seal the wood and then I can resand it to see any low spots. Then I used duplicolor all in one auto clear coat. I shoot it with a cheap harbor freight touch up gun. Then wetsand.

Ya that's my graduation from highschool present to myself. I bought the 46 willy and did a ground up over the summer before I left for college. The winch is an old warn we ha laying around. My brother stold my PTO I found while at college! The black lab sitting next to it is my dog Jeep (its a jeep sickness you wouldn't understand).

I finished the jeep in 97 and it still runs like a top! I should post a picture of all our flatfenders side by side. My dad has a 44 ford military, brother a 45 half military/civilian (it's getting a v6 upgrade as we speek), my cousin a 53 high hood, and my great uncle has 4, but drives a 46 aswell. All are stock except my brothers.

Here is another pic after some more work done to it. It pictured with my other Russo stock.
Black and Brown is a 308
Green, Black and Brown is a 6.5X284
DSC_0755.jpg

DSC_0751.jpg

Last edited:
That certainly is one fine looking stock and rifle you have there! once again, job well done Mr. Russo. Always impressed to see his work.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.