Another ring height question.

Wile E Coyote

Is there a table or chart where one could determine the shortest possible ring height for Nightforce scopes, ultralight rings and their steel base'.

I plan on aquiring a NXS 5.5x22-56 in the near future. I'll most likely use their UL rings to mount the scope and their steel one piece base's on two different Remington 700s; one LA and one SA. For a while the scope is going to do double duty.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Pete

Is there a table or chart where one could determine the shortest possible ring height for Nightforce scopes, ultralight rings and their steel base'.

I plan on aquiring a NXS 5.5x22-56 in the near future. I'll most likely use their UL rings to mount the scope and their steel one piece base's on two different Remington 700s; one LA and one SA. For a while the scope is going to do double duty.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Pete

I don't have an absolute answer for you, but on many occasions in the past, I've gone directly to the manufacturers website and looked for a means of contacting someone at their website to ask a question I can't find the answer to anyplace else. I even contacted a manufacturer in Sweden a few months ago & received an answer in less than a week. Often times manufacturers manufacture a product for a specific reason and the've already done the market research beforehand. They don't want to manufacture something they can't make a profit on. I suspect you might get and answer from NXS. Give it a shot.

Thanks Tracy' and Marine' I emailed NightForce and SportOptic with the question and am waiting for their replys. Should see in a day or two.

You will need at least the med. rings I have the same set up with the 20moa one piece base I opted for the high rings, as the bikini type scope cover they supply was a pain in the butt to get off and on with the med. Scope height is 2.7" Hope this helps, you can call nightforce direct they are more than willing to answer any questions.

Rick

Thanks Rick' Thanks SBruce. I'm getting these very same answers from a number of sources though nothing is truely definitive. Before spending $2500 or so on glass and hardware, ect, I just want to know I'm ordering the correct parts. I have emails out to NF. Again, thanks for the help.

What is your barrel contour? According to Nightforce, if using a 20 moa bases and medium rings .885, a 56mm will fit on a Sendero/light varmint contour, but will not fit the Palma. (My build sports a Palma barrel)

What is your barrel contour? According to Nightforce, if using a 20 moa bases and medium rings .885, a 56mm will fit on a Sendero/light varmint contour, but will not fit the Palma. (My build sports a Palma barrel)

The LA rifle has a sendero taper or very similar and the SA rifle is a VSSF II.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.