Another OF from SP changing gears

JSHKS

I listed my lightly used 308/6.5x47 Striker here. I was going to list it the last month of SP, but never got around to it as you can see.

My shooting interest have changed. Getting up and down and contorted positions for IHMSA, I have found my interest to have gone full swing for the most part. Back to rather calm loads for my TC's and revolvers for the most part.

This one would be shoved to the back of the safe and not see daylight if I don't try to move it. I have already made a rifle out of an XP and caught some flack from buddies for doing so as there are folks looking for bolt gun handgun rigs. I toyed with the idea of making this action into a rifle, but all my builds have swung towards a Remington foot print.
Kids all grown and gone, no adult supervision, lol, I have acquired all the handguns I wanted except one, a Korth which I have no business owning or thinking about.

Dabble with coyotes a bit and have gotten back into varmints, have had a lot of fun with some flat shooting rigs. Came to appreciate a flat shooting rifle, hard on barrels or not. Working on a 224 Clark and moving slow for some reason on my 20BR heavy bullet rig.
17's,20's,22's and 6mm have the majority of my attention.

Had big plans on shooting a bunch of CB stuff, most of that equipment and gear has dust on it. My alloy stash luckily is out of the way. Have a 30-30 bolt rig specific for a CB sporter class at a local range. Worked up a load, without having to buy,build or fix a mold for it, plain base and gas checked. I was told by several years ago that a CB could never shoot as good as a jacketed. I beg to differ today as this has made a few 6BR and 30BR guys I shoot with a bit up set, lol. I will just say they have bought lunch more than I have.

I am going to move some of my IHMSA stuff at some point in the future. Seems there are less and less of us every year and very little interest from young generation. Gonna be 60 in a few days and I am the youngest shooter at my home range. As I mentioned getting down isn't as bad as the getting up, son says I make a lot of old man noises. Dirt bikes and a horse or two has caught up with me finally, both did me bodily harm.

I have stayed in touch with a couple of the old early SP guys. What has the rest of the crew been up to or have planned. Be good to hear from any and all of ya. About time to dig out some fishing gear, been hankering for some good fresh catfish, hush puppies and fried taters with a cold beer or ice tea.
Jeff

Howdy 🤠 didn't realize we are same age. 60 in a few months.
Been out a handful of times fishing for crappie with some success.
Im roughly guessing half way thru the wait for a 15" ss bullberry 22k hornet contender barrel.
Lotta life things going on…..and getting very little done lol.

Good to hear from ya Kyle. Few guys out fishing here. We just got rid of ice a while back, water tempos still pretty cold.
Same here on time. Seems like it flies anymore and get little done. I am usually well into loading ammo by thanksgiving and am done by now. Still have about another 300 rounds of 17 Remington to finish up.
I will admit I have had enough cold weather, yet I would still rather shovel snow than mow and weed eat.

Buy the Korth….I'm glad I did…..🔥💵

Attachments

• BDFDCF45-EDF5-4B75-BDEA-82FE0ECA621E.jpeg
    BDFDCF45-EDF5-4B75-BDEA-82FE0ECA621E.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 27
I listed my lightly used 308/6.5x47 Striker here. I was going to list it the last month of SP, but never got around to it as you can see.

My shooting interest have changed. Getting up and down and contorted positions for IHMSA, I have found my interest to have gone full swing for the most part. Back to rather calm loads for my TC's and revolvers for the most part.

This one would be shoved to the back of the safe and not see daylight if I don't try to move it. I have already made a rifle out of an XP and caught some flack from buddies for doing so as there are folks looking for bolt gun handgun rigs. I toyed with the idea of making this action into a rifle, but all my builds have swung towards a Remington foot print.
Kids all grown and gone, no adult supervision, lol, I have acquired all the handguns I wanted except one, a Korth which I have no business owning or thinking about.

Dabble with coyotes a bit and have gotten back into varmints, have had a lot of fun with some flat shooting rigs. Came to appreciate a flat shooting rifle, hard on barrels or not. Working on a 224 Clark and moving slow for some reason on my 20BR heavy bullet rig.
17's,20's,22's and 6mm have the majority of my attention.

Had big plans on shooting a bunch of CB stuff, most of that equipment and gear has dust on it. My alloy stash luckily is out of the way. Have a 30-30 bolt rig specific for a CB sporter class at a local range. Worked up a load, without having to buy,build or fix a mold for it, plain base and gas checked. I was told by several years ago that a CB could never shoot as good as a jacketed. I beg to differ today as this has made a few 6BR and 30BR guys I shoot with a bit up set, lol. I will just say they have bought lunch more than I have.

I am going to move some of my IHMSA stuff at some point in the future. Seems there are less and less of us every year and very little interest from young generation. Gonna be 60 in a few days and I am the youngest shooter at my home range. As I mentioned getting down isn't as bad as the getting up, son says I make a lot of old man noises. Dirt bikes and a horse or two has caught up with me finally, both did me bodily harm.

I have stayed in touch with a couple of the old early SP guys. What has the rest of the crew been up to or have planned. Be good to hear from any and all of ya. About time to dig out some fishing gear, been hankering for some good fresh catfish, hush puppies and fried taters with a cold beer or ice tea.
Jeff

Good to see you posting Jeff.
E