Another MCR 300 Win Mag

Kevin Cram

Here is fellow member ICANHITHIMMAN newest 300 Win Mag. It sports a Howa 1500 action that I blueprinted, a Manners stock that was pillar bedded, a Blackstar Barrel with a Roedale muzzle brake and a Nightforce 20moa base. Should be another fine shooter!! Hope you all enjoy

JonathanMorehouse300WinMag2.jpg

JonathanMorehouse300WinMag1.jpg

I cant say enough about the customer service I have received from Kevin on this build. The rifle looks amazing great for what I gave him to work with(a bunch of old gun parts).
I just cant say enough about Kevin and his willingness to please his customers thanks again Kevin.
This rifle started life as a great deal on a HOWA action from Jim Borden 150$ and he wanted nothing to do with it but thank god for me Kevin did the rest of the parts where pulled from here and there. By far the biggest challenge was finding bottom metal. I did locate it in Germany with help from Pete Lincoln of Reodale Precision the HOWA man in Europe.
In the end Kevin turned the rifle around in less than a month and a half all while moving him his shop and family to a new location.
Thanks again Kevin

I cant say enough about the customer service I have received from Kevin on this build. The rifle looks amazing great for what I gave him to work with(a bunch of old gun parts).
I just cant say enough about Kevin and his willingness to please his customers thanks again Kevin.
This rifle started life as a great deal on a HOWA action from Jim Borden 150$ and he wanted nothing to do with it but thank god for me Kevin did the rest of the parts where pulled from here and there. By far the biggest challenge was finding bottom metal. I did locate it in Germany with help from Pete Lincoln of Reodale Precision the HOWA man in Europe.
In the end Kevin turned the rifle around in less than a month and a half all while moving him his shop and family to a new location.
Thanks again Kevin

+1 Kevin's a hell of a guy and a good smith to boot!

Nice looking rifle.
Kevin built me a 300WM as well, and it is a great shooter. I am sure yours will
do the same.

Ok guys I have her all broke in now. I have been working on my hand load hard in the past week. and have settled on a charge weight but not a seating depth. I have 3 groups pictured two are 7 round groups with 71.0g or H1000 and the other is a 5 round group over 81.0g of H1000 no pressure signs,

The group never opened up much more than this at 200 yds. I have the 185g VLD pushed right into the lands and I am going to start seating the bullet deeper through the next week. I hope I can get the group to close up some more with out taking the charge weight down to much I might even be able to go past 81.0g but I don't think so as case capacity is pushing max right now.

I used a CCI BR2 primer for the brake in groups which are the first two pics and a Rem 9 1/2 mag primer to get to my 81g charge weight

Thanks again Kevin for the great work

P1010140.jpg

P1010143.jpg

P1010164.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice looking rig. I like the way the action and brake contrast against the barrel...makes it look balanced. Looks to be a shooter too.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.