Another MCR 300 Win Mag

Primer test is all done I am sticking with the BR2 the groups dont lie.

I loaded up 24 rounds to do a seating depth test I shot four six round groups at 200 yards from the bench over a backpack.

The conditions where cold 27 degrees, wind was calm 1 mph at the shooter bright and sunny.

I shot fast no waiting between shots
The load
185g VLD
Nosler brass
CCI BR2 primer
81.0g H1000

I started .010 off the lands and the group was low I only hit the paper 3 times I dialed 5/10 of a mil up for the next groups
Picture063.jpg

The group things got better at .050 off the lands
Picture062.jpg

Then they opend a bit at .090 off the lands
Picture065.jpg

And then even more at .130 off the lands
Picture064.jpg

The setup
Picture059.jpg

Looks like .050 off the lands is pretty good...will you be tweeking a little bit more from +or- .050? I like your rig, pretty sweat looking.

Chase1

Im going to re shoot .050 off the lands for 3 groups as I think I pulled 2 shots. I felt as if I was to fast on the trigger. After that I think I will go down twards .090 off the lands as it got tight at .050 and did not go crazy by the time I got to .090 so there is a sweet spot there and .050 might even be it.

Last edited:
Well with out further testing I have decided that 1/4 groups from my backpack are good enough at 200 yards for me at this time. I just have to hunt it now tags dont come out till april then I have 30+ to play with. Kevin Cram has realy out done himself on the rifle I just cant belive how well it shoots.

I had it at the range yesterday shot 2 groups 1/4" lots of guys where watching me. I met 2 guys there that are HIDE members offered to let them shoot some groups one of them got down behind her and he shot a clover leaf at 200 great shooting. I think the muzzle brake intimidates alot of shooters they think it kicks more because they fell the concusion.

jon

Well now that the range reports in I'd add to what I previously said and that it's a shooter too. Enjoy it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.