Another Leupold Stellar Customer Service

flyguy1

Well, I have said on this group I haven't had a scope failure and now I have. A Leupold VX II 2-7 would not zero. It was on a loaner rifle; three generations killed their first buck with this rifle/scope. As I recall, I paid around $200 for it 40 years ago. Contacted Leupold and they are sending a new VX 3i. So I paid $5/year and all I get is a new scope? This company sucks lol. Wish every company in America took this much pride in their products.

Well, I have said on this group I haven't had a scope failure and now I have. A Leupold VX II 2-7 would not zero. It was on a loaner rifle; three generations killed their first buck with this rifle/scope. As I recall, I paid around $200 for it 40 years ago. Contacted Leupold and they are sending a new VX 3i. So I paid $5/year and all I get is a new scope? This company sucks lol. Wish every company in America took this much pride in their products.
Yep
I bought a pair of Leupold binoculars 30 plus years ago. Since then I've received two pairs of replacement. One was because I used them so much that sand had scratch the lens and the other was because the boy ran over a pair with four wheeler and cracked them.

one of the main reason I look Leupold and nothing else.

I have had two sets of binoculars replaced by them over the past five or six years. One set was dropped onto concrete floor by accident and damaged the eye piece, the other set were just worn out from almost daily use in hunting season and then used on the ranch the remainder of the time checking livestock. Simply filled out the "repair" form on their website, mailed the damaged binoculars to them, and received new binoculars in the mail a week or so later. They stand behind their products and warranties. This is why I don't mind spending money on their product.

I have several leupold scopes, rangefinders and 2 pair of binoculars. Never had too much problems with them. One pair of binoculars is 30+/- years old. Have sent in in twice for minor repairs. First time no problems. The second time about 3 years ago they needed the same minor hinge tightening. I sent them in after filling out the repair form and checking the do not return a replacement product. These were very good binoculars, that had carried many miles and had a lot of good memories with. I purchased these brand new and weren't cheap and had the Leupold brand name on them. When they came back they had the Wind River name on them. I called Leupold and the guy said they repaired by binos and had to use some Wind River parts. It's my understanding that Wind River products were made "for Leupold " not by Leupold. The technician said I should contact their office if I wasn't satisfied. I emailed Leupold explaining the situation and including before and after pictures of the binoculars. I said if I took my Cadillac to a GM dealership and it came back with Chevrolet emblems on it I wouldn't be happy. They never responded. Nothing. Glad others have had better results.

the fact that so many people think Leupold is a high quality brand has enabled me to resell the Leupolds I bought (back when I thought they were a high quality brand) for a good price and then reinvest the money in real top quality optics like Zeiss, Swaro, S&B, and even Meopta.

the fact that so many people think Leupold is a high quality brand has enabled me to resell the Leupolds I bought (back when I thought they were a high quality brand) for a good price and then reinvest the money in real top quality optics like Zeiss, Swaro, S&B, and even Meopta.

I'll bite cause I'm bored. If you buy leupold's at the same price point you get similar/same quality. I've seen all those brands have issues, especially S&B which are awesome scopes. Not everyone needs a $2,500.00 scope.

I don't think there is any question about their optics durability or performance if you look at it from a high level.

What I've seen is a bunch of people comparing apples to oranges. Stories like "I had a leupold vx2, and the glass wasn't great, so I bought a nightforce actar and it's much clearer, so screw Leupold.".

Or "I just bounced my super lightweight vx6 all over the mountain, and this piece of crap didn't hold up as well as the 14lb tactical scope made by xx brand".

I've seen them take abuse during my time in the army that no optic should ever be subjected to, or expected to survive, and they held up. If you buy the Leupold optic that actually fits your needs, dollar for dollar they are hard to beat, and the fact that they make them in America matters to me.

I pulled a vx6-2x12 out the other day it has been put up for several years and was forgot about I mounted on the rifle bore sighted it got on paper at 100 made adjustments fired again adjustments were way off the correction I then ran the adjustments all the way in both directions several times bore sighted again make corrections this time they were spot on. ran a tall target test today all vertical corrections were spot on. I normally never let a scope sit that long with out exercising it I have always been very happy with leupold and I have had to send a couple back but hell my new truck has been in the shop also dont mean I will quit driving

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.