Another help me pick a scope thread...ugggh

No one mentioned MARCH except you, but I love mine. Great glass, tracks, highest mag range and light weight. What else do you need????
Reticles suck, and from what I've read, too much magnification for FFP, although I don't have first hand experience.

I have a March 3-24×52 too. Great lightweight option for a hunting scope.
I agree, I wish they had better reticles. That's why I lean toward the AMG or Athlon Ares BTR for a lightweight option. If weight isn't an issue, gen 2 Razor is a great option, US Optics, IOR Valdada, Nightforce, etc, I just am thinking hunting rifle <30oz...

Reticles suck, and from what I've read, too much magnification for FFP, although I don't have first hand experience.

I agree, I wish they had better reticles. That's why I lean toward the AMG or Athlon Ares BTR for a lightweight option. If weight isn't an issue, gen 2 Razor is a great option, US Optics, IOR Valdada, Nightforce, etc, I just am thinking hunting rifle <30oz...
I use the FML-1, and it has .5 MIL subtensions windage/elevation with a floating center dot, and heavy outer stadia to draw your eyes in at low magnification. Awesome for hunting.
The reticle grows with the target, so not sure why "too much magnification for FFP" would be a concern? It covers no more at 24x than it does at 3x.

Glass is slightly better the AMG and WAY better than Ares BTR. And is almost exactly half the weight of the Razor Gen II (24.4oz vs 48oz). Plus, it is the absolute BEST glass I have seen at cutting glare when shooting into the sun. Better than my S&Bs, Premiers, TTs, Kahles, etc.

I use the FML-1, and it has .5 MIL subtensions windage/elevation with a floating center dot, and heavy outer stadia to draw your eyes in at low magnification. Awesome for hunting.
The reticle grows with the target, so not sure why "too much magnification for FFP" would be a concern? It covers no more at 24x than it does at 3x.

Glass is slightly better the AMG and WAY better than Ares BTR. And is almost exactly half the weight of the Razor Gen II (24.4oz vs 48oz). Plus, it is the absolute BEST glass I have seen at cutting glare when shooting into the sun. Better than my S&Bs, Premiers, TTs, Kahles, etc.

That's why God invented sun shades.

Glass is slightly better the AMG and WAY better than Ares BTR.
Excellent reply, and I'll be honest, I drooled over March for years, but again, they are $$$ and it doesn't look like I'll be able to afford one any time soon, but the OP might... Totally awesome quality/weight ratio for a hunting rifle. I really like the new FML-T1 reticle with the "tree", but can you get it in MOA? If they offer it in MOA I can't find it anywhere.

D

Doesn't always cover. Especially at prime hunting time.

The sunshade comment was just a joke.

However...If a sunshade on alpha glass can't handle the glare, I'd be really hard-pressed to believe Japanese glass with no shade/ARD could perform better.

Last edited by a moderator:
42E3A55A-5C8C-4157-A9BB-56B54B567FF9.png

I love my March scopes. Love my Nightforce scopes. I also have a couple of Swarovski and a Kahles that I really like. However, IMO none of them are perfect for every application. I just received my latest build and I am putting a Leopold Mark 5HD on it. This scope MAY be the best do everything scope, light weight, great glass, 120 MOA, great turrets, great reticle options, but time will tell. My experience is that there is no perfect "do it all" scope, hence, I own a bunch.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.