Another great weekend!

Teamroper

Another great day of hunting. I want to personally thank Thomas Fields and Jake Willcut for inviting me to hunt with them today. We walked back in 1/2 mile for our first stand of the day and managed to call this male in on the five minute mark to a distance of 40 yds. Due to a "technicality" no one was able to connect at that time. When he figured the gig was up he trotted away but stopped at 220 yds from me at the top of a knoll. I got lucky and he didn't. The ki-yi did the trick.
He had a great pelt and was rather hefty. I am planning on doing "something" with him but I am not sure what. There was no damage to the pelt at all. Both of the boys got a rush as he came running in that soonand that close. I think they're hooked! We did three more stands but with no luck. Again, I want to thank both of these excellent hunters. Everybody knows how hard it is to hunt in groups of three, but these guys were great and it paid off. Not to mention that they carried the coyote all the way back to the truck for this old man. My hat goes off to them and may we have some more hunts coming. See ya in the woods.:)
Coyote5A3-20-10.jpg

Coyote5D3-20-10.jpg

Nice yote.

I also had a good weekend. We got two, a 29 lbs male and a 36lbs black male. The 29 lbs coyote didn't have good fur at all, in fact it was patchy so it was shot with a 7mm rem mag shooting 140 grain core lokt and it kind of put it on its a** at 215 yards and the black coyote was taken with a 22LR at 87 yards and was dropped in its tacks. One lucky shot if i say so. I was shooting the 7mm.

Nice dog. Great clarity on the pics! (not so much with the sun, but the detail picked up with the dog on the ground) wow what camera do you use? how many pixels?

The local Gander MT has a cool mount of a coyote and fox , both hang upside down , on a fence post. I kind thought it was cool. Great hunt -great pics.

Nice dog. Great clarity on the pics! (not so much with the sun, but the detail picked up with the dog on the ground) wow what camera do you use? how many pixels?

The camera is just a cheap Kodak 340C Easyshare. I use it so I won't beat up my SLR and it is a lot handier. I think it is 8 pixels. I am not sure. You should be able to get one of these real cheap on ebay or amazon. Also, I downloaded the Easyshare program and it really helps enhance your pics. Thanks for the comps. See ya in the woods.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.