Another great trip

They aren't supposed to drive, but can ride. I had them put a steel roof on my house and had to pick them up and drop them off daily. They hunt A LOT around here. Turkey, deer, small game...archery and gun. I have a couple Amish aquaintences that are ate up with hunting, much like I was in my younger days.
Also, each Amish community has their little twists of do's and don'ts. Because many here do business with the
"outside world" they have social security numbers and pay taxes on business conducted outside the Amish community. The also have ONE phone in a wooden shack next to a tree in a pasture... and send somebody on horseback to field phone calls from 9-9:30 a.m. so that us "outsiders" can contact them for business. This was originally driven by the loss (death) of babies and no way to call for help in this community... at least this was the way it was explained to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.