Another fun and successful Texas Wild Hog Hunt

Jeff In TX

Well we just concluded my 7th annual wild hog hunt at the Bigwoods Ranch in East Texas. Buffalobob and his son from the Long Range hunting board joined us on our hunt. Buffalobob's son killed the second largest hog which was a 203 pound boar. The largest hog was the one I bagged which was a sow at 210 pounds.

Everyone had a lot of fun and we bagged a lot of hogs and one coyote. Actually we took 11 hogs out of 13 hunters and I believe if I counted correctly there were an additional 6 hogs missed which could have pushed our total even higher.

He's a picture from Thursday and Friday's hunt where we had already taken 7 hogs. Buffalobob and his son as well as myself were already in our afternoon stands when this picture was taken.

For those who have never been wild hog hunting it really is a great time. For those interested in joining us next year send me a PM.

105_0830.jpg

Last edited:
We had a good time and I did not mind being one of the people who didn't kill a pig.

The staff worked very hard to accommodate me and Phil and always gave us places where we would have an opportunity to shoot at long range if the pigs cooperated.

Little Guy

I will bring the eggs. It looks like that little guy sure had a good time. Tom.

I will bring the eggs. It looks like that little guy sure had a good time. Tom.

Jack is 5 and this was his first hunt. He flew out from NC with his dad and did he have a blast. Since it was his first hunt his dad didn't want to wear him out or force him to go out. No forcing necessary, he was ready and carrying his pellet gun on every hunt.

All we heard is "when we going to shoot them hogs"! "Come-on it's time to go shoot them hoggies"!

The lad told everyone on the plane on the ride back home he was out shoot'n hogs with his dad and his dad buddies.

The boy is hooked for life and asking when he gets to go back.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.