Another dang new guy!!!

Neiowaarcher

Hi all,
My name is Mark, or Neiowaarcher as you can see.(I don't do much archery any more) I joined here a couple weeks ago. I have been lurking in the shadows since then. I joined to gain any knowledge I can. I want to get into a little long range shooting. I am sure you never hear that here.:D Anyway, I first am going to build/or have built a rifle. I will be doing quite a bit of research before even starting out. I most likely will be looking to start building a gun in October or November 2010. I will be intensly researching until then. So I will be looking for tips until then. I already handload so I am pretty much set-up there. I have seen some good info here already. When I say long range, well I am talking 1000 yards for now. Where I live it's hard to find anything 1000 yards from anythig else (hills). So I would figure 800 1000 for my max shots to start and go from there. I have made some 600 yard shots in the past. No pro, believe that. But just was fooling around to see if it would spark any interest in taking the next step. I am not one to pry at people for info, so if you have something to throw out there when you see a post by me, please do so. I really appreciate anything I can get. I have a freind, he's 35 years older than I, but he was a Marine sniper. He taught me to shoot. So that is about all I have going for me at the moment for long range shooting. Hopefully I will get to know some of you better here.

Thanks, Mark.

Welcome to LRH.com

As far as info goes. I started with a book("Dead on") to start off to be able to start asking some questions. Bryan Litz has a real good book in the LRH gear shop that I am about 3/4 through I got a couple of weeks ago. It has a more accurate BC for the vld bullets you more than likely will be using. Shawn Carlock has some awesome DVD's their also.

hope it helps

Brent

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

A lot of good folks here with many years of varying experiences and always very willing and able to help. Just post your query and rest assured the resident experts will chime in no time.

Good luck!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.