another "base and rings" question

derbiv

Hello, i'm new here and to long range shooting and hunting. I recently purchased a Savage 111 LRH in 300 win mag and will be purchasing a Vortex 4-16x50 scope in the next month or 2. (if anyone has any feedback on this scope i'd like to hear it)

I have read some of the posts on here about rings and bases but the answer usually sounds expensive. I do not want to buy something cheap or inadequate. So here is a list of questions i have. Thanks in advance.

1. The plan is to shoot 1000 yards so i assume i need a 20 moa base?
2. Should i consider a 1 piece base?
3. What do you consider the best option for my set up? (rings and base)
4. What height should my rings be if the base has 20moa built in? tall?

Most (if not all) of the shots i will be taking on game animals will be under 600 yards but i'd also like to practice at 1000 yards. This might be a bit of a streatch for a newbie but i like doing things right the first time.

Not a bad choice for optics, I like a little more magnification for 1k, but its doable.
Parts list- EGW 20moa 1 piece base 46$ from midway, Weaver high 6 hole tactical rings 48$ also from midway, I also recommend a Vortex anti can't for 35$ so less than 140$ shipped and its more than enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts