Another 6.5 PRC load update

thaught

Found a really good load using 4831sc after having terrible luck with H1000. I think mostly because I'm running a 23" barrel and I wasn't getting a complete burn per se with H1000. Here's my load data

Brass: ADG
Primer: 210M
Powder: 54.5 gr 4831sc
Bullet: 140 Berger Elite at 2.338" (.010" off lands"

3045 FPS, 13 FPS ES, 4.2 SD

This rifle went from a pain in the neck to one of the more forgiving rifles I have. Shot out to 600 and 955 yards and kept sub MOA at all distances. I custom built this rifle for my teenage kids and it is a shooter for sure.

Attachments

• 38A75DD4-A95F-4D2B-8A61-9F9E3B307684.jpeg
    38A75DD4-A95F-4D2B-8A61-9F9E3B307684.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 7F5D213C-74B7-4F0E-9EEE-98CBF9829311.jpeg
    7F5D213C-74B7-4F0E-9EEE-98CBF9829311.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 142
O Boy,Goodiee.... I have a Savage Ultra lite 6.5PRC and only H1000 to choose from....Bmur!! But you may have saved me sometime and frustration, so thank you for sharing....Now if I can just have an 8LB jug of 4831sc fall outta the sky for me to get hit with .....that would be great!! But seriously, I appreciate the help and wish you continued success with yur PRC. Scott p.s. I tend to load lite for calibers most of the tome to get that lit'l ol extra speed but find the 140gr perticulery///ooppss, accurate in mine. hornady eldm,smkand bergers fly good and I just reached out to HH for a few sample paks to give a try as well. Back to that 4831sc....Hmmmm? Scott

Funny you say that about having 8lbs falling out of the sky. I had 1lb of 4831sc and was scrambling to find more. Then someone mentioned on this forum that there was a guy on another forum who was looking to trade his 8lb for 8lbs of 4350, which I had and never used. He happens to live in AZ and we met up yesterday and traded powders. What are the chances?

O Boy,Goodiee.... I have a Savage Ultra lite 6.5PRC and only H1000 to choose from....Bmur!! But you may have saved me sometime and frustration, so thank you for sharing....Now if I can just have an 8LB jug of 4831sc fall outta the sky for me to get hit with .....that would be great!! But seriously, I appreciate the help and wish you continued success with yur PRC. Scott p.s. I tend to load lite for calibers most of the tome to get that lit'l ol extra speed but find the 140gr perticulery///ooppss, accurate in mine. hornady eldm,smkand bergers fly good and I just reached out to HH for a few sample paks to give a try as well. Back to that 4831sc....Hmmmm? Scott
QUOTE="N.Scott Nail, post: 2043389, member: 104399"]
[/QUOTE]

Ya kno with xmas round the corner,and if you've been good and all....... see what can happen, just say'n. keep us posted here how well it does for you. I have sooo many choices of powders for 95% of my rifles but really slow powders not so much. I am seeing and taking note to trying faster powders (especially with short COAL rifles). Hey,maybe you'd like to try some 4350 or ??, say 4lb for 4lb ( I've been good too,well for part of the year anyways!!)

Funny you say that about having 8lbs falling out of the sky. I had 1lb of 4831sc and was scrambling to find more. Then someone mentioned on this forum that there was a guy on another forum who was looking to trade his 8lb for 8lbs of 4350, which I had and never used. He happens to live in AZ and we met up yesterday and traded powders. What are the chances?

QUOTE="N.Scott Nail, post: 2043389, member: 104399"]
[/QUOTE]
Buddy, I really must be good'er than I first thought. Yesterday I dropped by my FFL to p/u a 9mm Hellcat and my Savage110 300WM and as I was just looking around, my eyes locked in on a shelf with misc. stuff all kinda messy looking BUT,ther lied two single 1lb H4831sc!!! I thought I was seeing things as he doesn't sell Reloading stuff ( So I Thought!! ) He had no other powders at all but I grabbed those two canisters and headed for the door all the while trying to look invisible to anyone in the store. I mumbled to my buddy at the counter as I silently went by ( I'll be right back to cover these!! )... Lol My drive home was nothing short of an early xmas to me self !! Good grief I began to feel as if I stole something and should return as quickly as possible before I turned into a pumkin or something. Ha!! Woke this morning to those two cans on the kitchen counter and had to think back to this silly lit'l thread we had posted bout Karma and being "GOOD" and all.......Well, to all of us like minded boys and girlies out ther.... Happy Holidays, Merry Xmas, and most of all, "Be Safe" going into the New Year Please!! God Bless to us all NSN75w

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.