Another 17 WSM coyote kill.

Ohlongarm

Daybreak only 70 yards ,shot high and through the spine ,no entrance hole seen, but definitely an exit,DRT WSM 20 grain Hornady at 3300 fps.

Attachments

• td.jpg
    td.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 270
  • td1.jpg
    td1.jpg
    548.5 KB · Views: 240
I am always amazed how dark eastern coyotes are..... spine, shoulder blade and hips always splash out and make exits, the more energy the larger the hole, 😳😳👍 you gave that one the ol Ka-Pow 💥

I am always amazed how dark eastern coyotes are..... spine, shoulder blade and hips always splash out and make exits, the more energy the larger the hole, 😳😳👍 you gave that one the ol Ka-Pow 💥
Agreed, but there's a long winter ahead for some more real life testing scenarios. Have only takes a half dozen coyotes so far with the little rimfire, plenty Gh's.Notice the nice bulge where he was hit,very visible as he's lying on his side.

Nice ! You are making realize there's a lot more to the 17WSM rimfire. I do believe in it, and that , like the 22 mag., has a whole lot more whack than it would seem to have just looking at the round.
The buldge you mention, on the shoulder? I do think I see it

Nice ! You are making realize there's a lot more to the 17WSM rimfire. I do believe in it, and that , like the 22 mag., has a whole lot more whack than it would seem to have just looking at the round.
The buldge you mention, on the shoulder? I do think I see it
The bulge is at spine level about but not quite half ways down,look close,THX

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts