Announcing the New Hammer HHT

Yes, same bottle.

My 181HH load I settled on was 66.0gr RL16, which gets 2950fps out of a 20" 300wsm barrel. That load groups .75" at 300y, and 5 sd, 10 es.

For the 182HH's, I loaded up to 68.0gr RL16 and it got me 3110 fps. That is smoking for 300wsm in a 20" barrel. Started to see pressure here.

Not too shabby for a "hunting" bullet! "Pert near" match quality performance from a "real" hunting bullet! 😉 memtb

I did 200 tip seats today. The 30 cal 154HHT were way easier to seat the tips than the 7mm 132HHT. Also, only the 7mm box had the copper seater anvil.
We are putting one tipping block per order. No sense in putting one in each box. Need to come up with a way to let people know which box of bullets has the block. Thinking a sticky note will do for now.

The whole consumer tipping thing is temporary until we get an automated system in the shop that will be reliable for the long haul. Just sent samples to a company for a solution. Crossing my fingers that it is not another piece of equipment that cost as much as my house!
I know they make a machine to do it. I seen one in operation at one of your competitors on a tour. It also had a some sort of laser alignment checker and would spit the crooked ones out. And did several per second lol. And it probably did cost ALOT of $$ unfortunately. Everything does nowadays.

We are putting one tipping block per order. No sense in putting one in each box. Need to come up with a way to let people know which box of bullets has the block. Thinking a sticky note will do for now.
Gotta love that KISS principle! I tend to over complicate things, getting all invested in a 300 step process, and then, someone will go, Hey, what about doin it like THIS instead? In 2 steps. Always fun !!!

Gotta love that KISS principle! I tend to over complicate things, getting all invested in a 300 step process, and then, someone will go, Hey, what about doin it like THIS instead? In 2 steps. Always fun !!!

I made a decent living doing that. In some cases a 50% increase in production happened. Of course the boss took credit for it.

Ok- constructive criticism for Steve.

I got my order today, 1 copper tipping jig, 50 bullets and 51 plastic tips BUT beware my fat fingered friends, these things are tiny-- I dropped several and lost 1

Steve- my suggestion is you send 5 or so extra tips rather than just 1 extra--- this would cover 2 problems I ran into-- 1st was dropping/loosing the tiny tips on the floor and 2nd is "deformed tips" (I'll explain in a minute)

For the consumer, my suggestions are
#1-- use a plastic hammer to install the tips--- I tapped lightly on the bullet base to seat the tip and on bullet number 11 I realized I was slightly marking the base when using a small ball peen hammer, I switched to a plastic hammer and I no longer saw any marking.....
#2-- put a large white terrycloth towel on the floor so when you drop the tiny black plastic tip , it won't bounce away and you'll be able to see the black tip on the white towel-- the tips do not show up on black rubber floor mats or darker wood floors at all.

I realize that small imperfections in the tips will exist as I'm assuming the tips are cast with liquid that hardens and occasionally they may deform when drying--- I received 51 tips, I lost 1, but 3 others had imperfections on them--- if there were 55 tips this would allow for the occasional culling of deformed tips and a few extra for lost tips....just my suggestion

I've included some pics of the contents, and deformed tips too.

The deformed tips may not affect accuracy, performance, or bc (no way to know with out proper testing)---- but when the customer has to handle each tip individually to install-- then scrutinizing of tips is inevitable--- the hammer bullets are so perfect that a slightly deformed tip becomes obvious to the eye when spun (it was hard to get pics of the tips so I did the best I could)

It will take me a while to get to the range but the above are my initial observations and constructive criticism.

Other than that, they look great and I'm eager to try them out-- thanks again.
20230605_174935.jpg
20230605_174652.jpg
20230605_172132.jpg
20230605_172052.jpg

Attachments

• 20230605_172132.jpg
    20230605_172132.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230605_172052.jpg
    20230605_172052.jpg
    587.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: