Annealing ??

17remhunter

I purchased an annealing tool a month ago................from Anneal rite its idiot proof and even I mastered it in a short time.. I have 17 Remington brass and no more out there that I could find. Plus everyone's not interested in a 17 cal anymore. The owner of anneal rite told me that he has .308 cases that have been reloaded over 30 times.
He told me to anneal my brass after each firing .. Now I cant be sure but after annealing my .17 Rem cases my accuracy improved. 5 @ .159 never seen that close at .209 and .211 Who knows all im after is long case life.

Any one annealing out there

Every firing….within reason.
I don't anneal my big bore brass, it actually doesn't need it it is shot so little.
I also don't anneal my 44 Mag brass or 30-30 brass.
My Varmint, LR and Comp rifles get annealed every firing and some of my hunting rounds get annealed every other firing….it depends.

Cheers.

Every firing... Noticed my bullet seating force was alot more consistent.... Along with the case life, I believe the accuracy improves because of consistent neck tension.....it still amazes me that was was "voodoo" 20 years ago , is now common practice to 90% of reloaders...rsbhunter

Every firing... Noticed my bullet seating force was alot more consistent.... Along with the case life, I believe the accuracy improves because of consistent neck tension.....it still amazes me that this was "voodoo" 20 years ago , is now common practice to 90% of reloaders...rsbhunter

I anneal after every firing.
For the sake of anecdote
I have 200 pieces of Norma .223Rem brass that I have been reloading since 2013 .
Just this past week the primer pockets are starting to feel a bit loose.
I shoot this particular rifle significantly more than any other with the exception of a 22lr

I purchased an annealing tool a month ago................from Anneal rite its idiot proof and even I mastered it in a short time.. I have 17 Remington brass and no more out there that I could find. Plus everyone's not interested in a 17 cal anymore. The owner of anneal rite told me that he has .308 cases that have been reloaded over 30 times.
He told me to anneal my brass after each firing .. Now I cant be sure but after annealing my .17 Rem cases my accuracy improved. 5 @ .159 never seen that close at .209 and .211 Who knows all im after is long case life.

Any one annealing out there
You like your machine? I'm getting ready to purchase a machine and this is on the list.