Annealing

I use 650 degree Tempilaq on the side of the case to assure it doesn't reach this on the bottom 2/3's of the case wall. Time varies between 10 sec and 15 sec depending on caliber (longer than what I see in many videos).

Certainly not as accurate as an AMP but for my purposes it works.

You could shorten the time in flame if you move the tip of blue inner flame to the case neck. I'm not sure how you could know whether it's less accurate or not. As long as they all go through the flame the same amount of time they should be essentially the same.

I recently purchased an AGS Annealer along with the Riser and extra inserts (wish I purchased the second torch stand but can make one). Reasonable price ($250 plus extras) and works as expected. I do notice more consistent neck tension and a much better seal in the chamber. Have not verified accuracy improvement yet but this should follow with the above changes.

I use 650 degree Tempilaq on the side of the case to assure it doesn't reach this on the bottom 2/3's of the case wall. Time varies between 10 sec and 15 sec depending on caliber (longer than what I see in many videos).

Certainly not as accurate as an AMP but for my purposes it works.

I was going to mention that one. It seems like a great deal and have heard it works really well.

Your welcome, I just hope it clears some of the muddy water

Sure does!

I was getting some mixed results before, where some cases would be really really easy to seat and some would be easier than before but much harder than some in the annealed batch.

I think where I was getting inconsistency was I was trying to see the exact point where you get just the tiniest bit of glow starting on the neck and at that point it's really easy to go just a little too far.

Bean, you're definitely letting them glow much more than I was.... Maybe going to that point is more forgiving than going to the point I was trying to hit.... Just like that Reese on the Range guy was saying... There's a steep part of the annealing curve that's hard to be consistent on.

There I go... Making it complicated again haha

That was a very thoughtful video to share! I use annealeeze but with your exact method for determining correct time temp ratio. When I started annealing my FPS went down about 30 FPS. Right or wrong I decided to increase powder 0.2 gr to get the FPS back. Then I re-tested seating depth. Result is now best groups ever! I could not be happier with the results. (See attached pics) white painted steel at 700 yards- first two hit right, adjusted for wind and next three on point of aim. 200 yard group even scares me! Thanks Butterbean!

Attachments

• 5D576E78-39C7-4151-983F-1A35DE2003CA.jpeg
    5D576E78-39C7-4151-983F-1A35DE2003CA.jpeg
    872.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 99FDC9EA-CCA5-4F5F-8FE2-C8D894C32620.jpeg
    99FDC9EA-CCA5-4F5F-8FE2-C8D894C32620.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
That was a very thoughtful video to share! I use annealeeze but with your exact method for determining correct time temp ratio. When I started annealing my FPS went down about 30 FPS. Right or wrong I decided to increase powder 0.2 gr to get the FPS back. Then I re-tested seating depth. Result is now best groups ever! I could not be happier with the results. (See attached pics) white painted steel at 700 yards- first two hit right, adjusted for wind and next three on point of aim. 200 yard group even scares me! Thanks Butterbean!
That's impressive!!!

I'm pretty sure it will but the largest brass I anneal with it is 45-70. Have to take the inserts out for those as they are rimmed.

You can email the inventor to be sure.

I'm very happy with it so far.