Annealing

Tempilaq will change color when the brass reaches the correct temperature. I usually use 750F tempilaq on the neck and shoulder. I also started out using a drill and would count to 3 Mississippi. Then I progressed to a Vertex by Bench Source. Much faster and more consistent.

I don't know how well this will load but short video of my Annealeez. Hmm I guess the video doesn`t want to load, but that`s my machine

Attachments

• 20210726_153759_06.jpg
    20210726_153759_06.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 84
This is my first attempt at annealing.
I watched several videos on youtube about it last night and a few of the guys only used a drill and some type of brass holder and a propane torch. Today I did the same thing he did only I didn't have the brass holder so I used a 1/2 deep socket to hold the 30-06 brass as I spun it in the blue flame of the hand torch.
Pros/Cons on this process and if wrong tell me why if you don't mind.
@ButterBean
Looks like you have the hang of it Bud, Those look perfect and don't let anyone tell you different
Bean

First time user of new Annealeez .I used Templiq 450 & 750. Just curious if these appear to be annealed properly. Does it Look like the heat went far enough down the case body? I'm really pleased how consistent the coloration is on every cartridge.
Yup, they look good.

What I've learned since using Tempilaq with annealing procedure:

Tempilaq is applied in a light coat.

Tempilaq turns clear when proper temperature is reached

Tempilaq turns black when proper temperature is exceeded.

Tempilaq is not to come in contact with the flame.( or the flame is not to come in contact with Tempilaq). That is why higher indicator Tempilaq is placed inside the case neck, and lower indicator Tempilaq 1/4" – 5/16" below the shoulder.

What I've learned since using Tempilaq with annealing procedure:

Tempilaq is applied in a light coat.

Tempilaq turns clear when proper temperature is reached

Tempilaq turns black when proper temperature is exceeded.

Tempilaq is not to come in contact with the flame.( or the flame is not to come in contact with Tempilaq). That is why higher indicator Tempilaq is placed inside the case neck, and lower indicator Tempilaq 1/4" – 5/16" below the shoulder.
Really good tips, especially the last one….ive done that too much!