Annealing

Cinchy

First time user of new Annealeez .I used Templiq 450 & 750. Just curious if these appear to be annealed properly. Does it Look like the heat went far enough down the case body? I'm really pleased how consistent the coloration is on every cartridge.

Attachments

• 20210803_163944.jpg
    20210803_163944.jpg
    948.4 KB · Views: 571
I did not tumble -clean the brass so necks are a little darker?
Should they be cleaned before annealing?
Actually my procedure was anneal, deprime & size, then trim to length. I figured if I annealed first it would save the brass from splitting since it had been loaded 3 times already ?
Curious what others steps are?

I always re-size my brass and then clean and then I anneal.
When you anneal first when you clean your brass (I use a vibratory cleaner) it cleans the anneal off and you can't tell which case has been annealed and those that have not.
That's just my method

I tumble after annealing/before sizing.

Discoloration isn't a great indicator on its own. If you show the 450 and 750 cases that would be more helpful.

I found the 750 was still too low to have an impact, instead I go by the dull red glow in a dark room (and tune from there based on results) and use the 450 to ensure the heat hasn't spread where it shouldn't.

First time user of new Annealeez .I used Templiq 450 & 750. Just curious if these appear to be annealed properly. Does it Look like the heat went far enough down the case body? I'm really pleased how consistent the coloration is on every cartridge.
Nice!

How do you like the Annealeez? I planned on purchasing one this month, I have a 28 Nosler, 270W, 7Rem Mag, 6.5 Creed and 6.5 Grendel. I have never annealed, I had thought about the Annie Annealer, but I do not want to jump that high in price the Annealeez looks like I can get into it for about 325.00.

I painted the 750 both inside and on the outside of necks , then painted a stripe of 450 from the edge of shoulder down to about the center of case body. Didn`t take much adjustment of the time & flame to make both melt to where I thought they should?
I use a few scrap pieces of brass to setup my bench source each time and only put the 750 inside the necks. After many pieces of brass never seen the 450 melt near the head so I just omit it now. The cooked tempilaq can be a booger to remove. I always walnut polish before annealing because dang they are sexy lol. Yes is think you captured plenty of the body. Really the neck is the main focus.

The difference in the color is only from the oxidization of the brass before annealing. If you take brass just cleaned in a wet stainless rotary or they are CLEAN brass the color after annealing is going to be a lot different from brass that has been exposed to the air for months or not cleaned. You can't go by the color on the case for temp, but you may be able to tell if you are heating the whole case up.
The cases in the above picture look good as far as the portion of neck that was annealed.