Annealing? How do YOU do it? How often?

I annealed the very old way. Pan of water and torch. Not that good but helps.
I did a lot of reading on annealing. AMP probable the best set up. I went with Bench Source. About a 1/3 of the prices. The only draw back was using small bottles of propane. Which I feel is a waste of money anyway. I went to Amazon and looked for a splitter from a large propane tank with hoses set up with stove or propane camp lanterns attachments. Which is what the Bench Source has. Amazon have them with the regulator built in. No worry about one bottle running out or uneven pressure in one small bottle or the other. The dual connection was about $30,00 if I remember correctly. Anybody that do any camping probable have 5 gal tanks at home. or set up and use the exchange tanks use. "There more than one way to skin a cat"

I have one of these also and it works great. Can do 50 pieces of brass in about 5-10 minutes. Pretty slick.
I went to their website and watched some videos, I'm definitely going to order one very soon. Brass is just too expensive and hard to get anymore not to take full advantage of anything that will help make it last longer and be more accurate also.

Ugly Annealer1.jpg

This is the one I have and it works great

I don't anneal 😬
I don't anneal either. I have tried it and didn't see any appreciable increase in case life or accuracy. I usually get 4 or 5 loads out of commercial brass and 6 to 8 out of military brass. The pressures and expansion that causes the need to anneal the case neck affects the entire case not just the neck. o_O

I don't anneal either. I have tried it and didn't see any appreciable increase in case life or accuracy. I usually get 4 or 5 loads out of commercial brass and 6 to 8 out of military brass. The pressures and expansion that causes the need to anneal the case neck affects the entire case not just the neck. o_O
There are some good videos on the AMP site that delves into the scientific reasons for needing to anneal, it mainly is the energy stored in the brass from the resizing process and not the actual firing process. I learned a few things after watching them.

There are some good videos on the AMP site that delves into the scientific reasons for needing to anneal, it mainly is the energy stored in the brass from the resizing process and not the actual firing process. I learned a few things after watching them.
I posted that video about stored energy at the top of this page. Good info.