Annealing cases for 264 win mag &260 rem

dgr416

I have always used 7 mm rem mag cases to make my 264 win mag cases .I also always used 308 and 243 to make my 260 rem cases both the 260 and 264 were not super easy to find .I want to anneal my cases for both of them .I guess 9 have to do it before I size them down to make it work right .My old cases I made never split but lately with once fired cases I fired I am getting split necks .I also finally found a bunch of once fired 264 win mag cases and I was told by a 264 shooter that you have to anneal them also because they also had split cases .I use to anneal mine with a candle and it worked good .I will probally use a propane burner this time .I hope these once fired 264 win mag cases work good they are Winchester from the factory cases .Its almost impossible to find brass for these two now so you gotta do what you gotta do !

I finally found 750 of these 264 win mag once fired cases .I must have bought up 5000 of the once fired 7 mm rem mag cases .I have made 338 win mag cases out of them too .I have to do the same with my 338-378 weatherby cases too .I make them from 30-378 ,378 and 416 weatherby cases .I hope these work this 264 win mag has been a pain lately and I have two of them in ruger 77 mark II stainless rifles .They are super accurate but the cases have given me trouble lately .The 260 is the same way but I have not had any trouble making them from 243 cases but the 308 is the one that has been splitting .