Annealeez Aluminum Wheels

I'd be surprised if there was. There is nothing unique enough about that wheel design to have it's own patent. Your concern did cross my mind as well though.

Yes it would handle those. It would be similar to the large set annealeez wheels which will do those cases.

I think that your idea is a great one, but......I think that I would check out whether there is some product infringement of sorts just in case. I know that I have having difficulty with getting my cases to rotate on the wheels. I did read in one of the replies on the post where people are using "grip-tape" on their wheels, I'll have to try that.

I think that your idea is a great one, but......I think that I would check out whether there is some product infringement of sorts just in case. I know that I have having difficulty with getting my cases to rotate on the wheels. I did read in one of the replies on the post where people are using "grip-tape" on their wheels, I'll have to try that.
I use high temperature RTV Sealant from an auto parts store. First just try cleaning with acetone. RTV rated for 650 degrees hold up well and is equivalent to the original coating on the wheels.

The only flame annealer patent held is by Giraud. His is a different design. Also I'll place my bet that it would be very hard to argue the wheels aren't a basic knowledge/design. Anyone who would take someone to court over that wheel design would just be making their lawyer happy. Furthermore, I wouldn't be shocked to see Giraud patent not hold in court. If a model similar to his existed before he filed the patent then his patent means jack squat because the design was already common knowledge.

It's the same situation with the Mr Bullet Feeder by Double Alpha. There is nothing original about that design. It's a bowl, motor, and collator plate. They can tout their patent and send C&Ds all day long but if anyone ever challenged them it would not hold up in court.

I think the only reason someone else hasn't offered these is because there are much more profitable jobs to run on a CNC mill/lathe. I'm just a reloader who wanted a more durable upgrade for an already great product and figured others might also. I'm more than happy to buy/make my own set and move on. This isn't a long term project for me.

Sorry, but I'm out. Afraid the solids will transfer too much heat to the gears.....
Thanks for sharing. I will definitely be watching those gears during the stress point and using a digital thermometer to measure temp on the unit. The upper wheel is the one that will sink the most heat so I'll be curious to see how it reacts.

I plan to anneal 1000cases of 223 for my stress test.

So is there any other materials that are machinable but resist heat? Aluminum seem to cool pretty fast. Anyone done any research on this to see if something is feasible. I know it may cost a bunch but if it's a by once cry once then it might be win. So far I haven't even got my wheels warm but my maximum case run has been about 60 to 70 cases and I run mine at 30%. So flame time is up there a bit. Doing 7mm-08. Maybe this is a issue for just the really small cases or the WSSM's or something to that effect but my wheels haven't heated up doing this amount.

So is there any other materials that are machinable but resist heat? Aluminum seem to cool pretty fast. Anyone done any research on this to see if something is feasible. I know it may cost a bunch but if it's a by once cry once then it might be win. So far I haven't even got my wheels warm but my maximum case run has been about 60 to 70 cases and I run mine at 30%. So flame time is up there a bit. Doing 7mm-08. Maybe this is a issue for just the really small cases or the WSSM's or something to that effect but my wheels haven't heated up doing this amount.
I considered casting a high temp ceramic into a mold. But I couldn't find what I was looking for exactly. So aluminum it is.

Just an update for everyone. Firstly I've decided the shop this job out to my buddy (Jared) 5min down the road who does machining and welding in his spare time on the side. I'm simply too busy between my day job and the small ammo/brass business that I am self starting. Anyway, I will be working directly with Jared to do the prototype and then he/I will start churning them out provided prototype and testing goes well.

I was bedridden for the middle 2wks of October with COVID so that killed prototype plans to meet with Jared. Then he was gone all last week hunting. And now I leave end of this week for 2wks to elk hunt. The plan is to link up with him one evening this week before I leave and machine the prototype wheels. I'm hoping to do a large set and a standard set but with a large case diameter cut for the short mags. I'm thinking a standard set will still be short enough to cover any calibers you would use the plastic small wheels for (6mms and 300blk). This means my aluminum "standard" wheel would cover what the SSM, standard, and small case kit does from annealeez. I'll know more as I test and get temp readings. 2 wheel kits to cover all uses would be ideal.

I get back home the weekend before Thanksgiving. I'll do final stress/temperature testing that week and provided everything goes well and any jigs are made and ready for production runs... I will start accepting orders/funds and shipping them out the week following Thanksgiving.

I will continue to keep everyone updated here. Thanks again for all the feedback and interest!

-Caleb