Anneal or not ?

J E Custom

There is a lot of discussions about why we anneal or not. This is a Video showing the difference between the two.

This Video shows the test in the most ideal conditions and with the optimum equipment so I feel it is representative of actual results and not solely dependent on shooter skills. It is obviously a bench rifle setup and he is tickling the trigger without griping the rifle (Which helps eliminate more shooter error).

The results are Representative of the difference and firing 20 shots leaves lot's of room for error but shows true results in my opinion.

Enjoy

J E CUSTOM

Verry nice! I am a proponent of annealing but for this gentleman's test to be unobscured wouldn't he need to be testing the ppc loads out of the same rifle? It appears he is using two different ones for his test.

You are correct, the results mean absolutely nothing, the moment he changed rifles the test was meaningless.

I like the experiment but I would've liked to see the results with the same rifle.

Thanks for sharing J E

It could be set up even better as a double-blind test, where a person hands a shooter a cartridge, not knowing if it's an annealed one or not. Could use a numbering system to sort out which was which

Verry nice! I am a proponent of annealing but for this gentleman's test to be unobscured wouldn't he need to be testing the ppc loads out of the same rifle? It appears he is using two different ones for his test.
How would I know that? He used a creedmor to sho his method then tested both ways on a 30 PPC, right?

The first 20 round ppc string the stock on the rifle is a a reddish/maroon color.

the second round ppc string the stock in the rifle is a dark/charcoal grey.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.