Angled versus Straight

Oldguns

Could anyone tell me the pros and cons of angled versus straight eyepeices. Spotter will be used 40% at rifle range, 25% varmit hunting, 25% on truck window, 10% peeking at neighbors(lol). Thanks in advance for all replies.

I personally find a straight eye piece easier to aquire a target with. Most of them have a rough aiming sight down the side so finding the target is a lot easier. Angled eyepieces are ok on the range but in the field....straight wins every time.
Ed

Edmac....meichele...thanks for the replies...since i will be using it most at the bench...I think angled would be my choice.....but straight would get by with both bench and field
confused.gif

O/G, if you're gonna use the scope while position shooting (standing, kneeling, sitting, or prone), then you'll be able to use an angled scope much more comfortably than a straight scope while maintaining your position.

Otherwise, the straight scope is very practical for field and bench purposes, and certainly points to the target more naturally.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts