Angle cosine indicator

mcseal2

Angle cosine indicator at the LRH Store

I hunt in the mountains where one of these could be useful, but live in flatter country with limited opportunity to practice steep shots. Is there a chart or ballistics program that can be used to make a chart to fit my rifle? It would make a trip to practice shooting steep angles more profitable if I had a chart to give me an idea where to start.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go here and play around with angles etc. JBM - Calculations - Trajectory

Shooting at angles is no different than shooting flat after proper calculations and clicks are made. The secret for me is to get a "feel" for how much of an angle I'm shooting.

Hmmmm, I just clicked on the link and the "my" data for the 338 RUM and Berger Hybrids came up. I wonder what that means??

I hunt in the mountains where one of these could be useful, but live in flatter country with limited opportunity to practice steep shots. Is there a chart or ballistics program that can be used to make a chart to fit my rifle? It would make a trip to practice shooting steep angles more profitable if I had a chart to give me an idea where to start.

Thanks for the help.

When looking for a program make sure it is compatible with a Angle Cosine Indicator because some want the measurement in degrees which would mean you would need a Angle Degree Indicator.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.