Angle cosine indicator

trazman

Ok guys, I am not a novice but I am a little bit confused now.

How do you use an ACI? Do you calculate the distance with the cosine number or do you insert this number in a ballistic calculator? Why someone would like the cosine indicator rather than an Angle degree indicator? I know that the gravity force that a bullet is influenced is smaller at a certain distance if we shoot down or up hill, but there is still the same amount of air as shooting horizontally.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks, Thomas

Some choose an aci because you can simply multiply the yardage by the cosine to get the shoot to range. This is alot easier in your head than the angle indicator.
uou can enter both into a good ballistics program for a true correction if you have time and the batteries aren't dead lol..

Alot of rangefinders give the corrected distance already if this is the case it makes the aci obsolete..but some do not and this is where knowing your equipment is paramount for success in the field.

Jordan@406

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.