Android Balistic Calculator

jasonco

i just stumbled across this app for android based devices on Applied Balistics web site. it is developed by Sean Kennedy and berger bullets Bryan Litz and it works very well using the droid gps and atmospheric data. there is also a free kestrel bluetooth update. going to take it out for spin. www.appliedbalisticsllc.com gun)

Ben using it for several months now. It was spot on for a yote at 1008 with my 300 win. And was good at 1905 yards with my 338 and the Gen 2 Bergers on a 36" gong. Feed it goos numbers and it works.

Jeff

I have had it a few days and it is dead on with a 338RUM at 1000 yards and really super close with a 308 at 1,000, but 168gr bullet at 1,000 might be dancing a little. The program is nice to have.

I use it and it's been working great for me. Pretty darned close to accurate, really easy to use once you get it set up.

Ive been using it about a year. I really like it. I will put in my elevation a head of time if the closest weather station is different. Its really helpfull to have the tested G7 BCs.

I just got an update for shooter on my Droid X. I can't seem to find my look angle or azimuth. In the previous version I could click "get' and the position of my phone would calculate look angle and azimuth. Anybody else having this issue? The buttons are layed out so it is easier to select what you are changing but my ability to use my phone to "get" my angles is gone. If this can't be fixed, it would be a HUGE handicap. I would need a calculator and compass for my phone that already has both.

Anybody on here work on "updates" for Shooter?

Sorry to hijack here but am I to understand correctly that if I have a kestrel, droid with the shooter app, and good FPS and bullet info, I have everything I need??

I figured out my issue with the "get" buttons. You have to hit the menu button to get them.

Daves-
I use the shooter app without a kestral. I estimate my wind vaule (helps when I have a cheapo wind meter). For spin drift calcualtions you will need to know twist rate. You have everything else. If your phone has an accelerometer (most smart phones do) it will calcualte angle for the shot. If it has GPS it will calculate latitude and azimuth for Coriolis, if you want to get really fancy.

I figured out my issue with the "get" buttons. You have to hit the menu button to get them.

Daves-
I use the shooter app without a kestral. I estimate my wind vaule (helps when I have a cheapo wind meter). For spin drift calcualtions you will need to know twist rate. You have everything else. If your phone has an accelerometer (most smart phones do) it will calcualte angle for the shot. If it has GPS it will calculate latitude and azimuth for Coriolis, if you want to get really fancy.

I have a rangefinder with TBR that calculates the angle and give me a yardage to shoot for due to the angle. I think that combined witht he droid I can have alot of fun. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.