And the next Contestant on "Who's Head is Gonna Spin" C'mon Down

I think they finally debunked that video, I believe they found the bullet went through the eye sockets
The guy from the YouTube channel "Long Range Hunting Group" did a pretty decent video on it complete with a deer head test and like you said it pretty much proved it went through the eye socket. Test starts at about 11:46

All that said, getting hit with a .50 is going to be a life changing experience.

A family friend was shot twice with a .50 while in Vietnam and lived to tell the tale.
And like I said, it was probably a life changing experience.

where did he get hit at?

A couple years back their was a gunner taking the M2 of the mount and was handing it down to his buddy. He forgot to clear the weapon prior to doing this, and when he was passing it down the trigger was depressed and he ended up getting hit with a ball round if I remember it right. He lived, but he was altered. Handing the weapon down with the barrel pointed at himself was probably not a good idea

A few years later one of the operators that I did work for nailed a haji with what he thought was a head shot with a .50. When they were finishing clearing the objective they found the guy still breathing and still having a head. Turns out the round just grazed the top of his scalp leaving a laceration but not penetrating the skull. Not sure if it was shock that incapacitated jihad joe or if he playing possum.

In all of our tests things change drastically at 3700 plus, speed is the biggest multiplier with any bullet,Your in the right frame of mind, now think what kind of shock, cavitation or whatever you want to call it with a 30 cal 101 grain@ 4480 FPS Hammers are key in this equation
Pretty sure with that combination anything you hit in the vitals is DRT. But what would be interesting to observe is a hit in the hind quarters of an animal to see if it yields the same result.

I read that Suneson study that was done in the 80s where they fired the metal spheres at similar speeds as your load into the hind quarters of anesthetized pigs that had sensors implanted in their abdominal, thoracic, and cranial cavities and measured the results. But they used steel spheres as opposed to expanding bullets.

Using my 375 Bee with a 260g Accubond at a measured 2950fps @ the muzzle, a hind quarter shot at 15yrds blew a whole the size of two large men's hands….all four of 'em would fit easily.
The bullet did not reach the offside rib cage. It took the lower lobe of the offside lung and stopped. The plastic tip was found stuck to the inside of the rib cage.
It was a huge mess and my buddy was physically sick looking at it. The gut bag was non-existent, it's contents were all through the chest cavity, the diaphragm was not hit by the bullet, but it was torn to shreds. Every organ was damaged, even it's anus and sexual organs were bloodshot. To this day, I have not seen so much damage. The top of the femur was found 2 feet inside the abdomen.
This was classic cavitation. Which I do not believe is a theory, it is real in water with boat props and bullet petals that are spinning through tissue are doing something very similar.

Cheers.

Pretty sure with that combination anything you hit in the vitals is DRT. But what would be interesting to observe is a hit in the hind quarters of an animal to see if it yields the same result.

I read that Suneson study that was done in the 80s where they fired the metal spheres at similar speeds as your load into the hind quarters of anesthetized pigs that had sensors implanted in their abdominal, thoracic, and cranial cavities and measured the results. But they used steel spheres as opposed to expanding bullets.
It's been done and it did yield the same results

Using my 375 Bee with a 260g Accubond at a measured 2950fps @ the muzzle, a hind quarter shot at 15yrds blew a whole the size of two large men's hands….all four of 'em would fit easily.
The bullet did not reach the offside rib cage. It took the lower lobe of the offside lung and stopped. The plastic tip was found stuck to the inside of the rib cage.
It was a huge mess and my buddy was physically sick looking at it. The gut bag was non-existent, it's contents were all through the chest cavity, the diaphragm was not hit by the bullet, but it was torn to shreds. Every organ was damaged, even it's anus and sexual organs were bloodshot. To this day, I have not seen so much damage. The top of the femur was found 2 feet inside the abdomen.
This was classic cavitation. Which I do not believe is a theory, it is real in water with boat props and bullet petals that are spinning through tissue are doing something very similar.

Cheers.
Hey Neighbor, I just wanna clear the water a bit, If you believe it's cavitation that's cool and I'm with ya, Here's my take on it, Cavitation, Shock, Hydrostatic Shock, Hydraulic Resistance IMO is all the same thing just called by a different name, Does a bullet cause cavitation ? I'm sure that it does, Does a bullet cause some kind of shock at Mach 5.88?, I'd say it does, Hydraulic Resistance? I'm betting on it, Another example is Neck Tension, There is no such thing, It's Neck Interference but we all know what it means

So would this be considered hydrostatic shock or drop!

wrestlemania xv wrestling GIF by WWE
The original Mule!🤣

And like I said, it was probably a life changing experience.

where did he get hit at?

A couple years back their was a gunner taking the M2 of the mount and was handing it down to his buddy. He forgot to clear the weapon prior to doing this, and when he was passing it down the trigger was depressed and he ended up getting hit with a ball round if I remember it right. He lived, but he was altered. Handing the weapon down with the barrel pointed at himself was probably not a good idea

A few years later one of the operators that I did work for nailed a haji with what he thought was a head shot with a .50. When they were finishing clearing the objective they found the guy still breathing and still having a head. Turns out the round just grazed the top of his scalp leaving a laceration but not penetrating the skull. Not sure if it was shock that incapacitated jihad joe or if he playing possum.
He forgot to clear the weapon on an open bolt, belt fed, pintel mounted Ma Deuce?

Recent Posts