An artical about the new military sniper rifle

The fact that all of the M21s were deployed should have been a clue, but I guess there isn't as much money to be made by just building what you know works. And that is what war is all about, making money.

The fact that all of the M21s were deployed should have been a clue, but I guess there isn't as much money to be made by just building what you know works. And that is what war is all about, making money.
For some but the rest of us have to pay for it$$$

Nostalgia, aside the M14 series is not a good choice for a SWS anymore. Doubtfull Knight will actually deliver rifles that shoot...

Nostalgia, aside the M14 series is not a good choice for a SWS anymore

You are undoubtably right. Hard to fight progress and the improvements it has brought in the last 50 years, except for music. Music has been going downhill since the mid 70's.

Wonder why they don't look at something like the Tubb 2000. They just have to have a semi? Why the M24 is not sufficent is beyond me

Bolt guns are great in the traditional sniper role of one shot one kill. However, we are now in a world where they sniper many times has a "target rich environment" and fast multiple shots have become very normal.

I think you will find that the Knight guns can shoot. Some units have been using them for a long time with combat ammo and getting .5 MOA.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts