AMP - Will I regret buying this?

Hi Everyone, I just ordered a new AMP machine with the pilots needed for the cartridges I try to precision shoot with. I am one of the few that hasn't been sold on annealing. I'm shooting custom rifles that I get built with match chambers (close to SAAMI min specs). I then fire 3 cases at least 3x neck sizing only. I send these off to Whidden with chamber print. I get dies back that work my brass a minimum. I've been getting 10-12 reloads out of my brass without being able to see much difference. Almost everyone anneals so I thought I would give it a try. I'm posting this to see what most people's opinion on annealing. Rifles are built with no turn necks. I am not neck turning.
Note: realizing this is a subject that has been discussed a lot, If I see negative feedback for creating this post I will offer my apologies & delete.
If it's something feel comfortable with then good for you! There's a learning curve with the machine to be sure but it's not anything worse than reloading the first cartridge. Best of luck my friend! Let us know your progress . Plus or minus about the machine. TIA. Lyle

Hi Everyone, I just ordered a new AMP machine with the pilots needed for the cartridges I try to precision shoot with. I am one of the few that hasn't been sold on annealing. I'm shooting custom rifles that I get built with match chambers (close to SAAMI min specs). I then fire 3 cases at least 3x neck sizing only. I send these off to Whidden with chamber print. I get dies back that work my brass a minimum. I've been getting 10-12 reloads out of my brass without being able to see much difference. Almost everyone anneals so I thought I would give it a try. I'm posting this to see what most people's opinion on annealing. Rifles are built with no turn necks. I am not neck turning.
Note: realizing this is a subject that has been discussed a lot, If I see negative feedback for creating this post I will offer my apologies & delete.
Not sold on the need either...I've tried to grow with the times but I'm happy as hell to get 8-10 loads and buy new brass....i personally couldn't justify the need and at my age it would never pay me back....and I m not buying it for my kids!

Your mileage may vary depending on what you are wanting to get out of your reloading. If you are a competitor in the shooting world regardless of discipline, you'll get a larger benefit than say a seasonal hunter that shoots 5 - 10 rounds a year. The AMP with Aztec is hands down the easiest annealing machine to use. I would (in my opinion) say it is also the most consistent. I anneal every firing. I figure if you spend $1500 on an annealing machine, why wouldn't you. I have certainly benefited from the AMP. My SD/ES are very low, my loads are accurate and precise, I have thousands of rounds of brass and I have yet to toss any due to split necks. Regardless, at some point brass either needs to be annealed or tossed.

Maye If I spend ~$1,000 on a case trimmer, I'll get erections with every trimming!
No, it's just trimming..
This is just annealing
Well here you go
1627751294618.jpeg

Nealm65, are you saying there is more benefit for use on Weatherby cartridges?
Yes. Probably has some to do with bullet type as well but i definitely noticed it the most in the two weatherby calibers, 6.5-300 and 300, I reload for. Not a lot of difference in my 6.5 creedmoor or 6.5-284 which I push pretty tight to the lands. Guessing consistent neck tension matters more with jump but maybe a hammer type bullet might not be as effected? I've just been annealing everything every time now that I have the amp annealer. I will say I ruined accuracy with a 25-06 with my one and only attempt with torch. YouTube made it look so easy lol.

I am sure AMP annealer is good - but it's too expensive.
My solution was to make my own induction annealer. It's a "GinaErick" induction annealer and all design details are open source and very well documented. Mine works great and it was a fun project to build. Just google it.
Cost for components is about $300
I am about $300 into my homemade induction annealing machine also. It was a great project and I now anneal my brass the same every time. If I didn't have a couple rifle builds in the works I probably would have purchased an AMP. I will eventually purchase one. Until then I will use the one I built.
20210612_085223.jpg

No need to offer apologies in any case. You post taught me a lot. Reloaders do what they do because they hope it makes a difference. If you are getting that many reloads on your brass and see no degradation as you go, I doubt annealing will help.

3 of the very best components I've bought for increased accuracy is #1 Amp annealer. # EC TUNER Brake. #3 expander mandrel set. #1 and #3 will get your es and sd down and #2 will let you tune to whatever seating depth you chose.

Sending 156's, I am going to give you what happened to me when I was pretty much just starting out in varminting, precision shooting, and precision reloading. I will use my 17 Remington for this as it is the one rifle that really saw vast improvement.
I had 600 rounds of once fired R-P brass, good reloading dies, a good scale, and a recipe that seemed to work good. I thought the 17 would be pinpoint perfection for small varmints. I could not get less than 2.1" at 100 yards, then I was starting to loose 3 cases out of 9 every session. scrubbed, cleaned and went back at it. well same result.
I annealed and got a consistent 1.25" groups plus loosing only 2 per every 9 shots. then I started asking around, I tried a friend's inside neck reamer and die. WOW what a great improvement. I went from 1.25" at 100 yards to .50" at 200 yards. then I was plagued with blown primers so I had to only use BR primers. My FPS went into the single digits, my extreme divination was cut to 9 FPS. Sometimes 14 FPS. the bulk of my rounds were coming out within 3 FPS of the median.
My 22-250, 300 win mag, 7.62X51 (M-1A), 270 Win, 7.62X61 (M-1 Garand) all got the same treatment and all saw similar if not just about as good results as the 17 saw. My brass loss has gone down to near 1 in 100. I have seen my M-1s' brass hardly ever burst on me. the higher pressure cartridges have had dog bone or neck splits of maybe after 12 reloadings. where they would split after 5 to 6 reloadings.
annealing and neck turning have been the best two processes I ever did to my match brass or my hunting brass. they last longer, the make the long range shots more accurate, and they make me more confident in my shooting long range.