AMP - Will I regret buying this?

You are very correct? A little late to ask since I purchased this morning. I'm appreciative of all the feedback i have received. I am looking forward to seeing if it will help with the precision of my loads through more consistent neck tension, etc. and extending the life of my brass.
My wife and I met and made friends with another member of this board while trading components on the MO trading thread on this forum. They are spending the weekend with us right now. He brought his AMP and a wet media cleaning system with him. I just received instructions and got to use his AMP. Very impressive machine. He is going to wet clean some brass tomorrow for me to see. I still use dry media.

Yep, that's me in the pic. I almost died from Covid last October and lost some muscle while recuperating, but back in the gym again now and getting back to where I was. I've been busted up enough the only way to keep going is not to stop.

Thank you & everyone for the feedback.
Thank God you survived the Covid. Keep up the gym you're lookin good Marine! You may be amazed at the wet cleaning. I use ss media, water, a little lemon shine and some bass cleaned. Cases come out looking better than new.
God Bless
Len & Jill

After you drop them they're too hot too. As the heat spreads through the case they get hotter. I know color isn't a tell all with annealing but they get really nice color too. I am faaaaar from an expert, but heat is heat. As long as they achieve similar heat then the method shouldn't matter.
My point exactly you could not hold them long enough to achieve the same level of heat

You have to look close to see shade change with proper stress relieving(process anneal).
A lot of color change/temper is indicative of FULL annealing, which none of us need or want unless completely re-forming a case.
So actually, you shouldn't brag about nice colors with annealing.

The AMP annealer is the most impressive tool/machine I have used in the last three years. The way it conditions the brass for every shot is great and I don't know where I would be without one. Several other shooters combined in the purchase of this machine.

I noticed more of a difference on cartridges like weatherby that have a lot of freebore or where I've got a lot of jump, as far as accuracy goes. Quite a bit actually. Not as much on ones where im crowding the lands.
Nealm65, are you saying there is more benefit for use on Weatherby cartridges?

Bought mine 3 years ago.. Groups have only tightened, and it will now be something you won't be wondering about anymore.. It was a buy once, cry once thing.. Don't look back just have fun shooting.

Above video on annealing is buy Mr. Eric Cortina. Mr. Cortina is one of the top F class shooters in America so I feel its reasonably safe for me to assume he knows a thing or two about the highest levels of precision reloading, and this is his take on annealing brass, but ESPECIALLY over annealing brass.
I'm not saying Mr. Cortina's opinions are the end all as they apply to annealing or precision reloading, but I have seen this guy shoot the type of tiny tiny groups with utterly boring regularity that most reloaders only dream of.
And yes I will concede you can buy a certain level of accuracy, but the level of accuracy Mr. Cortina achieves on a regular basis can not be bought.

Last edited:
I am sure AMP annealer is good - but it's too expensive.
My solution was to make my own induction annealer. It's a "GinaErick" induction annealer and all design details are open source and very well documented. Mine works great and it was a fun project to build. Just google it.
Cost for components is about $300

Attachments

• C54A3A65-9409-4050-B2EE-9B4D136EE5A8.jpeg
    C54A3A65-9409-4050-B2EE-9B4D136EE5A8.jpeg
    694.6 KB · Views: 134
  • F8F47821-54E2-44CD-8156-52158400B538.jpeg
    F8F47821-54E2-44CD-8156-52158400B538.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
  • B7CD17D7-3320-4CD0-A35F-6AB2505DB0DD.jpeg
    B7CD17D7-3320-4CD0-A35F-6AB2505DB0DD.jpeg
    966.6 KB · Views: 131
You'll like. Many positive aspects. Its safe. No fire risk. Easy to use and put away. I've had mine before the newer version I upgraded and it's still amazes me

Hi Everyone, I just ordered a new AMP machine with the pilots needed for the cartridges I try to precision shoot with. I am one of the few that hasn't been sold on annealing. I'm shooting custom rifles that I get built with match chambers (close to SAAMI min specs). I then fire 3 cases at least 3x neck sizing only. I send these off to Whidden with chamber print. I get dies back that work my brass a minimum. I've been getting 10-12 reloads out of my brass without being able to see much difference. Almost everyone anneals so I thought I would give it a try. I'm posting this to see what most people's opinion on annealing. Rifles are built with no turn necks. I am not neck turning.
Note: realizing this is a subject that has been discussed a lot, If I see negative feedback for creating this post I will offer my apologies & delete.
You will not regret getting this

Hi Everyone, I just ordered a new AMP machine with the pilots needed for the cartridges I try to precision shoot with. I am one of the few that hasn't been sold on annealing. I'm shooting custom rifles that I get built with match chambers (close to SAAMI min specs). I then fire 3 cases at least 3x neck sizing only. I send these off to Whidden with chamber print. I get dies back that work my brass a minimum. I've been getting 10-12 reloads out of my brass without being able to see much difference. Almost everyone anneals so I thought I would give it a try. I'm posting this to see what most people's opinion on annealing. Rifles are built with no turn necks. I am not neck turning.
Note: realizing this is a subject that has been discussed a lot, If I see negative feedback for creating this post I will offer my apologies & delete.
I did the same thing.I sent my 4 fired brass off to Warner Tool for my custom die to fit my chamber. SURE HAS HELPED.
I'm not against annealing.I just have not done it.