AMP - Will I regret buying this?

Dip annealing for me personally.
It's cheap, and impossible to get wrong. No timing, programming, or special do-dads. Just dip to the line desired.
And since I minimally size everything, I have no need for frequent annealing.

Dip annealing for me personally.
It's cheap, and impossible to get wrong. No timing, programming, or special do-dads. Just dip to the line desired.
And since I minimally size everything, I have no need for frequent annealing.
Mikecr
Thanks for that. Maybe some time you can PM me or if you have time we can discuss. I was always interested in "Dip Annealing" ,but don't know the process.
Thanks
Len

It's pretty dang easy to hold the brass and spin in your fingers in front of a flame until it gets hot, then drop it on the table….oh yeah and it's free. I would have to shoot A LOT to justify a machine to do the same.

It's pretty dang easy to hold the brass and spin in your fingers in front of a flame until it gets hot, then drop it on the table….oh yeah and it's free. I would have to shoot A LOT to justify a machine to do the same.
I don't believe you're getting a proper anneal by holding it in your fingers until it gets hot

Mikecr
Thanks for that. Maybe some time you can PM me or if you have time we can discuss. I was always interested in "Dip Annealing" ,but don't know the process.
Thanks
Len
Never knew that it was that easy with Salt
Thanks for the link for the process, I had no idea that it was done that way.
I do currently have an AMP and it is no comparison to the propane annealers i have used or seen. Now to be perfectly in the open I have not used or saw all the propane annealers and I have heard from some reputable high end competition shooters that there are really good propane annealers.
When I got my AMP I thought -"Where was this machine years ago"
Personally I give the AMP 5************
Very easy to use and from all the technical data accurate for the brass annealed. You first make a test brass then the numbers for temp and time are consistent. All you do after that is load the brass and unload. It's a manual process, but there is also an automated piece of equipment that you can add to automate the process. Unless you are doing commercial annealing, I think you can load a hell of a lot a cases in no time.
I think that it is up to the induvial shooter to determine which is best for them. Each one needs to do their own testing on which method gives the best brass longevity, accuracy for groups SDs, ES.

I don't believe you're getting a proper anneal by holding it in your fingers until it gets hot
Why not? Color looks very good, neck starts to glow right when it gets too hot to handle. Are you saying it's not consistent or it's not hot enough? The heat will naturally spread evenly so I don't see the issue there.

Why not? Color looks very good, neck starts to glow right when it gets too hot to handle. Are you saying it's not consistent or it's not hot enough? The heat will naturally spread evenly so I don't see the issue there.
When they come out of the amp they are too hot to hold in your fingers

That's not really you in your "Emoji" picture-is it?
Semper Fi Brother!
VietNam -Eagle Pull-Frequent Wind observer.
First of all you will get several OPINIONS on what to use for annealing or weather to anneal or not.
I see that you are serious about reloading. Being that serious and you haven't been annealing up to now? There is a plethora of information on annealing out there and You probably read a lot of it before spending the cost of and AMP. A little too late to ask info on the AMP since you already purchased.
I'll tell you that I have used several other annealing machines. When I got the AMP - well see my previous posts. It's a GREAT machine, wish I had it years ago. I am convinced - my own opinion that annealing is a benefit to reloading otherwise I would not be doing it.
I feel that the AMP is better than the propane, but just my opinion. There a some real great flame type annealers out there. If you have used a few and then anneal with the AMP you will be able to decide.
You are very correct? A little late to ask since I purchased this morning. I'm appreciative of all the feedback i have received. I am looking forward to seeing if it will help with the precision of my loads through more consistent neck tension, etc. and extending the life of my brass.
My wife and I met and made friends with another member of this board while trading components on the MO trading thread on this forum. They are spending the weekend with us right now. He brought his AMP and a wet media cleaning system with him. I just received instructions and got to use his AMP. Very impressive machine. He is going to wet clean some brass tomorrow for me to see. I still use dry media.

Yep, that's me in the pic. I almost died from Covid last October and lost some muscle while recuperating, but back in the gym again now and getting back to where I was. I've been busted up enough the only way to keep going is not to stop.

Thank you & everyone for the feedback.

When they come out of the amp they are too hot to hold in your fingers
After you drop them they're too hot too. As the heat spreads through the case they get hotter. I know color isn't a tell all with annealing but they get really nice color too. I am faaaaar from an expert, but heat is heat. As long as they achieve similar heat then the method shouldn't matter.