AMP Mark II Annealer Review

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
I have read a lot of reviews and all the different ways to anneal. The processes, the equipment - the pros & cons. Everything from the Factory made, garage made, home made and the costs associated. I originally was going to make my own 'Induction Annealer" , I always look for ways to save funds and I have manufactured/improved/modified some nice reloading equipment and home made. I am so glad that I finally broke down and purchased an AMP Mark II Annealer instead of manufacturing my own. Sure the cost is high, but you get what you pay for. There is the most used saying in the reloading/firearm/optic community "BUY ONCE- CRY ONCE".
This isn't for the person that only reloads a few cartridges for deer hunting, but if you are a high volume varmint/predator hunter or competition/target shooter - it's for you!

Well today was the first day that I had available to start reloading and annealing brass. I started with a good friend of ours, 6mm Creed.

I annealed 300 cases in no time and they came out perfect.

AWESOME MACHINE AND TECHNOLOGY.

I can't say enough on how much easier, faster and the quality of annealing from the AMP. I'll be annealing after every two firings on brass. I purchased several pilots for a variety of cartridges. Will be annealing my shooting friends brass just to use the AMP.

GREAT Product. I should have bought it a long time ago, but now that the Aztec AMP Mark II is out, I am glad I bought one. I may look into the AMP Mate for auto loading, but it is so fast and easy to do manually not sure about that as of yet. Now I know why other AMP owners on this forum offered to anneal my brass for free (just get the pilot and ship the brass).

I can't say enough good things about this unit. If you reload a lot and anneal your brass, this is the machine to get!!!

I have read a lot of reviews and all the different ways to anneal. The processes, the equipment - the pros & cons. Everything from the Factory made, garage made, home made and the costs associated. I originally was going to make my own 'Induction Annealer" , I always look for ways to save funds and I have manufactured/improved/modified some nice reloading equipment and home made. I am so glad that I finally broke down and purchased an AMP Mark II Annealer instead of manufacturing my own. Sure the cost is high, but you get what you pay for. There is the most used saying in the reloading/firearm/optic community "BUY ONCE- CRY ONCE".
This isn't for the person that only reloads a few cartridges for deer hunting, but if you are a high volume varmint/predator hunter or competition/target shooter - it's for you!

Well today was the first day that I had available to start reloading and annealing brass. I started with a good friend of ours, 6mm Creed.

I annealed 300 cases in no time and they came out perfect.

AWESOME MACHINE AND TECHNOLOGY.

I can't say enough on how much easier, faster and the quality of annealing from the AMP. I'll be annealing after every two firings on brass. I purchased several pilots for a variety of cartridges. Will be annealing my shooting friends brass just to use the AMP.

GREAT Product. I should have bought it a long time ago, but now that the Aztec AMP Mark II is out, I am glad I bought one. I may look into the AMP Mate for auto loading, but it is so fast and easy to do manually not sure about that as of yet. Now I know why other AMP owners on this forum offered to anneal my brass for free (just get the pilot and ship the brass).

I can't say enough good things about this unit. If you reload a lot and anneal your brass, this is the machine to get!!!
I agree completely
60CB39F7-1330-46C5-A51C-6FFF7EA53570.jpeg

For case to case neck tension consistency this can't be beat. My only gripe is having to sacrifice a case to get the Aztec mode tuned in correctly.
Once you sacrifice a case, you get the code, save it and you don't have to sacrifice another one for that particular brass. what is one piece of brass to get the metal analyzed and have brass annealed properly.

My thought about the sacrificial case is you should buy enough lot-matching that losing a case or three isn't the end of the world. IE buy 300 case with the goal of 250 being shootable, and 50 being there for whatever else you might need. If my wife asks this is also a convenient excuse for having a second gun in the same caliber, too shoot up the "poor quality" components.