AMP Annealing Machine Mark ii

jpfrog

Anyone else getting one of these? After reading so many great reviews on the 1st version, I was excited to get one and then they were out of stock everywhere. Now the Mark ii is due to be released soon, so when I saw one available for pre-order, I went for it. Expensive, yes. Probably more expensive than the entire rest of my reloading gear (presses, dies, scales, etc.) combined. Well, maybe not, but close. But with all that keeps me busy these days, finding time to reload is almost impossible, and brass prep even more so. And I do my reloading/brass prep in the garage- in the summer, it's usually above 100F outside when I do it. I fully understand that there are more affordable ways to get the job done, but this one appeals to me because it takes the guesswork out of it and lets you press a button...and I can set it up inside my house and get the job done in the air conditioning. I'm not allowed to do that with the more traditional annealing methods involving flames.

I can't wait for it to arrive on my doorstep- I have a few hundred pieces of brass sitting and waiting in multiple cartridges. After it shows up, I'll likely start annealing after every firing, if for no other reason than I'll simply want to get my $$ worth!

Last edited:
You'll enjoy it. Annealing is no longer a chore, just a step in your reloading sequence. One of the best investments you'll make.

Woohoo! Just received my email that my AMP Mark II is on the way and will be here early next week. I already have the pilots for all of my cartridges, and have a pile of brass in .243 Win, 6.5x47 Lapua, 6.5-284 Norma, .270 Win, .308 Win, .300 Win Mag, and .338 Lapua. I know what my evening is going to involve the day it arrives!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.