AMP Annealer Upgrade

If they vary widely, yes. I think the point of sorting a batch of brass is to find one that represents most of the brass in the batch.

I have batches that have different neck thickness. I'll have to sacrifice one case in each of those batches like you say.

I'm dying for the upgrade. I just got 200 Bertram 7 SAUM cases and don't want to send in that brass for testing. Hurry up AMP!!!

There was a short video at SHOT. If I remember correctly, they showed the sorting of a batch of cases, separating cases in a tray after a short time in the AMP. I believe the unit showed a program for each case. Should be no sacrificed case other than initial case. That's my guess.

Actually, IIRC, the AMP showed how each case compared to the average of the cases you're sorting. There were vertical lines to the left/right of center indicating how far off it was from the average. You'd pick one of the cases to test that was right in the center of your batch.

On edit, here's that video.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.